By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Killzone 2 had a worldwide release, how much would it sell?

colonelstubbs said:
500,000 first week, 3 mill lifetime

and two thirds of this will be bundles

Around the Network

I seriously doubt it'll do better then CoD:WaW... it'll track under it by a decent margin. The problem is that if this was a Microsoft game instead of a Sony game you'd already be plastered with advertisements... and badass ones like they did with Halo 3. I'll admit that I'm pleasantly surprised at the previews so far of the game

I fear it will only outsell Wii Play on it's first day of sales unless it meets up to it's expectations.

under CoD:WaW.

even though it's getting rave beta reviews, i've never even heard of the first game (this could be because i'm not a fps fan).

<------------------------------------------------This Many----------------------------------------->

Seriously, not sure about 1st week but I would guess 500k-750k. Possibly 1M+ but don't quote me on it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Snake612 said:
@Yojimbo, this game is being highly praised by almost every gaming site.

As was LittleBigPlanet

SamuelRSmith said:
Snake612 said:

As was LittleBigPlanet

Maybe it will get a GOTY too.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Snake612 said:

As was LittleBigPlanet

Maybe it will get a GOTY too.

I hope so, then it would shut my parents up. They've been ribbing me about asking for a "kids game" for Christmas. Well done, Sony PR, well done.

Similar to MGS4, I would say best estimate would be 80-90% of MGS launch sales since it iisn't quite established as well as the MGS series.  Frankly, I wouldnt be a bit surprised if it pulled a R2 release launch despite the hype.