By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV To Follow Dragon Quest's Lead?

@Seraphic_Sixaxis Um I would say a Fabula Crystallis game on Wii is many times more likely to happen than a FFVII remake for any console.
@Khuutra What do you mean? There isn't really an article. Just that chart that shows their will be three more games/movies/etc to come in the Fabula Crystallis compilation. I'm almost certain at least one more of those is a game, and there is a chance it could go to the Wii. A larger chance than a FFXIV this generation imo.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
@Seraphic_Sixaxis Um I would say a Fabula Crystallis game on Wii is many times more likely to happen than a FFVII remake for any console.
@Khuutra What do you mean? There isn't really an article. Just that chart that shows their will be three more games/movies/etc to come in the Fabula Crystallis compilation. I'm almost certain at least one more of those is a game, and there is a chance it could go to the Wii. A larger chance than a FFXIV this generation imo.

Press Ctrl + F5. Or clear your cache. They've disabled hotlinking, so we can't see the image you linked. We have to be linked to the webpage itself.

@sc- I get what your saying, i just really doubt it, dragon quest slides by because it was always a "Nintendo" friendly franchise, but the XIII series?

Most XIII games will be shared between the PS3,X360,PSP and DS(Maybe).

Wii is at the bottom of the totem poll for this one, Imo of course, :P.

Ha! This gen.. I'd rather throw my HD consoles out the window and say this is bull****. They can't even release a damn FF properly this gen.

@Khuutra Oh, lol thanks. http://www.finalfantasyxiii.us/2006/05/24/fabula-nova-crytallis-to-contain-6-titles/
@Seraphic Why is it not Nintendo friendly? Also I doubt that they will ignore the Wii(leading console this generation) just because they think their game isn't Nintendo friendly. What does that even mean? Your games have to be of Nintendo's liking for them to release on the platform?

Edit: ALso what makes XIII different from other Final Fantasies?

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
@sc- I get what your saying, i just really doubt it, dragon quest slides by because it was always a "Nintendo" friendly franchise, but the XIII series?

Most XIII games will be shared between the PS3,X360,PSP and DS(Maybe).

Wii is at the bottom of the totem poll for this one, Imo of course, :P.

The two best-selling Dragon Quest games were on Playstation systems, not Nintendo systems.

And Final Fantasy would be received fine on the Wii. I'm not sure what you mean by "Nintendo-friendly."

@sc: Try clicking that link, it does the same "no hotlinking image". You'll have to link to the page the image is on.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
The day a XIII title goes to Wii is the day Final Fantasy VII is remade for the PS3.

Cause that makes sense, right?

I'll be very surprised if we don't see a FF13 title on Wii. Not the main game of course, but a spinoff like Agito or Versus will definitely come.

FFVII remake will definitely NOT be on PS3, cause it's SE's most valuable brand within its most valuable franchise. If they ever release one it will be on a system with a massive userbase, especially in Japan, and proven FF sales.

Lol Here http://www.finalfantasyxiii.us/2006/05/24/fabula-nova-crytallis-to-contain-6-titles/

@Khuutra & sc94597- By "Nintendo-Friendly" and "The XIII Series" i mean dragon quests "art-style" is what you'd expect to see on a Wii, while a XIII title (Which is strong on graphics both Regular XIII and Versus) and its overall Art style meshs real with the HD consoles.

Not saying its impossible, anything can happen when Square Enix is behind but its unlickly in my personal opinion.

And Khuu which dragon quest game sold more on a PS console?