By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Would You Do If You Were Sony?

Personally, kill the BR off. Risk the choice of dvd or BR player in PS3's, then you make it cheaper immediately.

If the majority of games work on both xbox and ps3 systems then theres nothing lost. For MGS4 and games like it change so they can fit.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Cut the ps3 price to 299.
Buy Level 5.
Steal some 360 exclusives.

ctk495 said:
Cut the ps3 price to 299.
Buy Level 5.
Steal some 360 exclusives.

All of which requires spending money they just don't have now.

They need to fix Home! Make it the real shit!

i would bring back backward compatibility. aha

Around the Network

ummm....
#1: get GRAN TURISMO 5 on shelves in the morning
#2: no ps3 price cuts till january 2010(price cut PS3 every 2.5 years)
#3: keep PS3 on the market for 12years (without revealing/announcing the PS4)
#4: back the PSP and PS3 with strong first party exclusives !!!!

I would wait.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

What Would You Do If You Were Sony?

Put a bullet in my head.

just kidding xD

But I suppose anything they already have experts who knows far better than me what to do...

Strive for profitability, and think very seriously if it's worth making a PS4. If I conclude it's worth it, I'd restructure the whole gaming division around the need for a new strategy, since the current strategy doesn't work with Microsoft in the console business.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i would make a price cut in March or June, save up money on exclusives that a not made by the company, make better advertisements, put BC back into the console and promote the PS3 in Europe to increase sales.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY