By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Cleanup Hitter for 2009 will be.....

selnor said:
Asmo said:

You guys know that Bioware is now owned by EA so if there is Mass Effect 2 it may probably be multi-platform?

LOL. So Bioware are gonna rework an engine that took them 3 years to originally optimize the 360 version. Just to get number 2 out on PS3? Also you have to play number 1 to understand anything, as the second kicks right from where it left. You can also use your previous character with all level ups in the second game. There is imo a 1% chance ME 2 will come to PS3.

On top of that, M$ own the rights to the first game so there is no chance of PS3 owners ever playing that one unless they buy a PS3.

Mass Effect runs on Unreal Engine 3 that is also running on PS3. Games that have a number 2 can come on PS3, we saw it already with Condemned 2 and Saint's Row 2.

Around the Network

I highly doubt MS will let EA steal one of their exclusive franchises :P

We'll see, most likely within the next 6 months.
timed exclusive, full exclusive, or console exclusive.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

selnor said:
Asmo said:

You guys know that Bioware is now owned by EA so if there is Mass Effect 2 it may probably be multi-platform?

LOL. So Bioware are gonna rework an engine that took them 3 years to originally optimize the 360 version. Just to get number 2 out on PS3? Also you have to play number 1 to understand anything, as the second kicks right from where it left. You can also use your previous character with all level ups in the second game. There is imo a 1% chance ME 2 will come to PS3.

On top of that, M$ own the rights to the first game so there is no chance of PS3 owners ever playing that one unless they buy a 360.

The question is whether M$ payed for exclusivity beyond the first game. I would assume there is some sort of timed contract in place, so I think it will come to the PS3 eventually. Also, they did not exactly get the game working perfectly did they, and we all know EA have no problem releasing a poor port, even if they have to get an EA team to do it, ME 2 will come to the PS3, but it should still be timed exclusive

Kind of off the subject, but I do get a kick out of people who still write MS as "M$". The 360 has the cheapest system now and they are still getting disrespected... Isn't $ony a little more appropriate for Sony and their $400 entry level system?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Comrade Tovya said:
Kind of off the subject, but I do get a kick out of people who still write MS as "M$". The 360 has the cheapest system now and they are still getting disrespected... Isn't $ony a little more appropriate for Sony and their $400 entry level system?

I was thinking the same thing....oh well what do you expect from some people...

I also agree with you about Forza 3....can't wait for it, it's gonna be amazing...

Around the Network
jpain333 said:
Comrade Tovya said:

I also agree with you about Forza 3....can't wait for it, it's gonna be amazing...

No joke, that game will be sweet.  I can't wait for it.  I use that MS force-feedback steering wheel, and man it sure makes Forza 2 realistic.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Comrade Tovya said:

I always thought it was because they have a lot of money and like splashing their cash around, by buying exclusives and paying tons for advertising, and I would assume they are loosing money on each console they sell now?

Comrade Tovya said:
jpain333 said:
Comrade Tovya said:

No joke, that game will be sweet.  I can't wait for it.  I use that MS force-feedback steering wheel, and man it sure makes Forza 2 realistic.

lucky you...i've always wanted to try it out with the wheel...

you think you could recommend me any good ones that aren't expensive??

@ Comrade Tovya

Why doesn't sega offer a version of daytona usa for the xbla? The steering wheel could be used greatly with it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Munkeh111 said:
Comrade Tovya said:

I always thought it was because they have a lot of money and like splashing their cash around, by buying exclusives and paying tons for advertising, and I would assume they are loosing money on each console they sell now?

So if you have a lot of money and therefore market your product well, make it the cheapest on the market, bring exclusives to your console, and buy out successful software developers to improve the quality of your product, that somehow makes you greedy?  And if you are correct, and they are losing money, then how can you be considered "greedy" for still charging less for that same product than the competition?

I've always thought greed was associated with charging too much for your console and not justifying the purchase with quality exclusives, marketing, etc.?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya