By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Charts Timing Out

I hadn't seen anyone mention this so I wanted to make sure you guys were aware of this.

Basically almost any time you include the PS2 in the mix the chart times out for me 4 out of 5 times.  I am pretty sure it is due to the amount of data tracked for the PS2 but it very annoying when trying to look at comparisons to load the same chart 5 or 6 times.

Just wondering if this is a problem only I am having, or a problem everyone is having?

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Edit, thank you for your timely response, ioi!

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

ioi said:
It is a common problem and has been mentioned many times before. I am halfway through re-coding that page so expect things to be much better and quicker soon!

Essentially, it is simply down to the amount of data and me using un-optimised queries which overload the database and timeout.

Fantastic news, sorry to bring this up again, I asked only in the interest of improving the site.  The fact that you are already in the process of fixing it is awesome to say the least. 

PS - That was a lightning responce! Well done! 

To Each Man, Responsibility