By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best controller of all time.

LOL

Obviously there are only feasibly two ways to judge something like this. Practicality or Preference. It's far more clear that preference is the most dominent put forth. This has the flaw making the purpose of the thread a waste of time.

Unless some one puts forth values that are not based on the console with best softare, prefered biased, most used to because of previous two. So instead why not suggest your values with your suggestion.

anyways
Wiimote /+ Nunchuck
best input mechanics so far(pointer, depth, analog)
multi ways to use the controller(remote, side, tool mimicry, nes)
simple design
largest capable input
open data design for new input mechanisms

by far the capabilities far outway every other controller consoles have and had.

Negative things I don't like
removable batteries(packs and charge slot default package)

The problem here is that I value a Pointer input, while many console players do not. I believe the addition allows for more types of gaming which is in the end a good thing. So Wiimote because it allows for new games.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

Xbox 360. It's controller is the best due to ergonomic design and layout.

The 360 is the best I've ever used bar the crappy d-pad. Thankfully I don't use the d-pad very often.

halogamer1989 said:
Xbox 360. It's controller is the best due to ergonomic design and layout.

Of my experiences only:
Best controller = XBox 360 controller.
Worst controller = XBox controller when it was launched.
MS have come a long way from having a terrible controller on original XBox that was too big for my small hands to a top of the range controller on the XBox 360 the next generation.
The SNES would be a close second best controller that was much better than N64 controller and PSX controller.

Around the Network

Wiimote + nunchuk

Although Gamecube and Mega Drive (Genesis) get runners up

definately the GC controller.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

1. Sega saturn pad
1. Sega magadrive II 6 button pad
3. Microsoft xbox 360 pad

I put saturn and Megadrive II pads equal 1st because they are both equally fantastic.

I looooved the N64 Controller. I feel it was the best controller to me.
The gamecube controller comes in second for me. Everything felt like it was in the right place.
Besides the crappy dpad, I'd say the xbox 360 controller is awesome for fps's. It's ergonomic and has a great design.

I hate dualshock (Any) with a passion. Especially the new one. L2 R2 are more "Triggerlike?" Isn't R1 usually the fire button? And I always hate that I have to reach for the joysticks when usually it's the main source of movement in the game. It just doesn't feel right.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

PC Mouse and keyboard would be the best controller, providing it is allowed as an option.