By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

did u guys see what star ocean 4:the last hope did for its 1st day sales? it did alittle over 130k, thats pretty damn good in japan. thats not including bundles, which means it could be over 160k for 1st day sales. here is to hoping . :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

i just wouldnt mind a xbl version of the first one(i just want some more rpg love for my xbox).i almost flipped when i heard about star ocean sales(i think that it will beat wkc to a million)

@dsister44, i hope star ocean beats wkc to a million but as of right now it would be 200k behind it. i think if star ocean has a good launch in the states, plus a good 2nd week and whenever it hits europe, it stands then a good chance.

@robotechheaven.
why in the hell would you want SO to beat wkc so you played both games then i think not. its not a competition as an rpg fan you should wish that both games should sell well and if one outsells the other goodluck ,from what i can see if wkc was on 360 and SO was on ps3 your view would be here's hoping wkc beats SO to a million this bias toward 360 rpg's is childish

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@lestatdark
good to see you back,i thought you was on holidays after exams playing superman 64

Around the Network

@mjk45, well u are completely wrong in your conclusion about what i am thinking or why i would think what if wkc was on 360 and star ocean on ps3. the reason i want star ocean to beat wkc is simply this, i have played and really liked the star ocean series and its proven itself to me and for that reason i want it to beat wkc. which is a unproven game, because i havent played a american version yet. also while u may think my bias is childish for a rpg on the 360, that is your opinion and i respect your opinion. while it does seem my bias is towards the 360 in this rpg battle between star ocean 4 and white knight chronicles, that isnt the case. every rpg i want is out on the 360 and i own almost all of them, i love my ps3 and also will get white knight chronicles when it hits the states and will play it online with my friends. i do want both games to hit the million mark and beyond that mark, but i just want the series i know and really like to hit it 1st thats all, ok. also would a bias person like u say i am, would they also want both versions of ff13 . which i am getting , thats right both versions. because i want to support both systems. thats all i am going to say on this matter and nothing more.

@robotechheaven
looks like i hit a sore point,so you will be buying sacred 2 ,the last remenant,oblivion,fallout 3 etc for the ps3 as per your policy of buying two of evey rpg like you are doing for ff13 to support ms and sony,i see you really picked a title that needs the extra help, i looked back through your posts and there are a lot of i want this title for my rpg machine the 360 on those posts .
I will also buy SO4 not because of its forebears but because hopefully its a good game from a good publisher and the same goes for WKC and i won't wish that one outsells the other just because one is from a well regarded series,and the other happens to be a new ip,games should stand alone on there merits

@mjk45, no i just dont understand what i said why it got too u. it was my opinion and a fellow rpg agreed with me on. look i will say this one final thing then pls either drop it alright. i buy every rpg for the 360 that comes out, and i also buy rpg's for the ps3 that i really like on the ps3 as well, like oblivion,fallout 3,enchanted arms,eternal sonata. all these games i own on the 360 as well, i only do that with rpg's like i said i really like them. the reason i am buying ff13 on both systems is because i always wanted to play a main ff game on a xbox system and now i will finally get the chance. and getting ff13 on ps3 because it goes with my ff collection for the playstation brand. yes i will also be buying last remnant for the ps3 as well, i wont be buying sacred 2:fallen angel on the ps3 because i have friends who will play it with me on the 360. and u said u checked my post history and they say about me wanting title x on my rpg machine 360, so what its the truth. its been the rpg machine this gen for me and i think it will stay that way for awhile. i also have had many times over about getting rpg's after rpg's for my wii as well. untill more rpg's come out on the ps3 i wont be posting about wanting this game or that game for the ps3. wkc is a rpg that i am looking for alot, even though its a new game. because of playing with ppl online, sorta like a mini-mmorpg element, which excites me. if u still dont understand that, then u never will understand and i am sorry u cant see why.

anyone else like the humor in "infinite undiscovery", i find it very funny and the way they bring stuff up is cool.

i just did some more checking on the dc universe mmorpg for the ps3, and its looking very promising. i was wondering if anyone else has checked on the game and what u think of its current state.