By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

I have been playing DAWN OF WAR 2 and enjoying it .
Now before you ask what does a RTS like DOW2 to do with a RPG thread it's because they have added some rpg elements to the campaign and with the other changes its taken a great rts series and freshened it up,so what games do you think could do with some rpg elements and don't say every game , do it from the point of view that your making the newest version of what ever game you choose and tell us the rpg elements that you would include for that game and how it would work

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@mjk45, i would say resident evil. upgrade your gear or remodel your weapon for better accuracy,aiming,more bullets,health for your character, more inventory slots.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@robotechheaven, that happened ,remember upgrading the machine gun with parts to get a great gun, bigger cases for more inventory etc

i put on legends of legaia last night just to have a reminisce since i just picked it up second hand after last having it all those years ago ,meant to play it for an half hour had to stop myself playing 3hours later

@mjk45, true. but not in the way i would want it done, i would want more control where u could purchase more slots, increase your health by adding a health bar and so much % more costs this much, adding scopes,laser targeting,secondary fire option,stun guns with a increase discharge function ( so u could taser your foes longer ), more inventory slots so u could stack your health items into a single slot,anywhere save function like in the elder scrolls series. those few changes would impress me to play the game longer.

Around the Network

@dsister44, i would like a persona game on the 360. but i am not sure atlus wants to bring one to the system. also would love to see a nippon ichi game on the 360 as well.

@Robotechheaven some of the things like adding scopes ,anywhere saving etc , are enhancements that the game maybe could use ,laser targetting was there allready but they aren't really core rpg elements

Hey, i'm sorry i wasn't here the last week. My laptop motherboard fried itself last friday, and i got it back from repairs only today.
Been playing Blue Dragon all this time, i've got to say, it's one really good game, i've beem loving every part of it (maybe except for the one or other annoying scream from Marumaro). The battle system is very solid, the shadow skills system brings a very strategic flavour to the game, and also love the Chrono Trigger like style of enemies on the field coupled with field skills like Lufia II had :)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@dsister44, i would like a persona game on the 360. but i am not sure atlus wants to bring one to the system. also would love to see a nippon ichi game on the 360 as well.

but atlus has started to hire xbox 360 and ps3 developers,and also the persona series has been doing very well in the west and the xbox has been doing very well in the west.i would also love to see a nippon ichi game on my little white box

@dsister44, your right and i hope atlus does bring persona 5 to the 360. heck i would even take a enchanced port of persona 4 on the 360, even though i own it for my ps2.