By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

name your top 5 rpg's that u looking forward too the most, that are coming out soon to the end of 2010.
1. star ocean 4: the last hope
2. dragon age: origins
3. final fantasy 13
4. white knight chronicles
5. arc rise fantasia

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

My top ten RPG's till the end of 2010 are:

1. Final Fantasy Versus 13
2. Diablo 3
3. Star Ocean 4
4. Mass Effect 2
5. Dragon Age: Origins

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

My most anticipated RPGs of 2009-10:

1º Diablo 3
2º Dragon Age: Origins
3º Guild Wars 2
4º Alpha Protocol
5º Star Wars: The Old Republic
6º Otherland
7º Aion: Tower of Eternity
8º Drakensang: The Dark Eye

Kotor III was one of my most anticipated games for the next years, but when Bioware announced that it will be a MMORPG i was profoundly dissapointed :/ The first KOTOR's were two of the best single player experiences i've ever had, with great stories, and now, IMO, old republic won't have such a deep focus on story (WoW sucks to me because they ruined the whole Warcraft story).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Kotor III was one of my most anticipated games for the next years, but when Bioware announced that it will be a MMORPG i was profoundly dissapointed :/ The first KOTOR's were two of the best single player experiences i've ever had, with great stories, and now, IMO, old republic won't have such a deep focus on story (WoW sucks to me because they ruined the whole Warcraft story).

Someone actually believes the Kotor games had deep stories?! The first one was extremely shallow, and only had a good-ish story with underpar writing but still used the Star Wars license well. Kotor 2 had a great story with great writing (some depth too), but it was rushed in the end and felt it left some things "unfinished".

I'm glad Bioware is taking Star Wars into space. Star Wars is perfect for an MMORPG, no doubt about it.

Around the Network

my most anticipated:

1. fragile (NA release, i have played the game and a friend of mine has translated the story for me but its not the same as understanding everything by yourself)
2. rune factory frontier(i love harvest moon)
3. arc rise fantasia
4. blue dragon 2
5. star ocean
6. tales of ten

My top ten RPG's till the end of 2010 are:

1. Final Fantasy XIII
2. Final Fantasy versus XIII
3. Dragon Quest IX
4. Star Ocean: The Last Hope (if doesn't come to the PS3 by the end of the year, I will be forced to buy an Xbox 360 :( )
5. Main Tales of for the Wii

shio said:
lestatdark said:

Someone actually believes the Kotor games had deep stories?! The first one was extremely shallow, and only had a good-ish story with underpar writing but still used the Star Wars license well. Kotor 2 had a great story with great writing (some depth too), but it was rushed in the end and felt it left some things "unfinished".

I'm glad Bioware is taking Star Wars into space. Star Wars is perfect for an MMORPG, no doubt about it.

If you take in consideration the whole star wars universe, both KOTOR games we're very well written and actually made sense in the whole. Actually i thought that the first game had the better story, Revan is one of the best characters i have seen in an RPG (And i have been playing RPG's since Ultima I) and KOTOR didn't have quite a good story like the first, guess it's just me, but the Exile wasn't that good of a character, and the supporting characters, maybe with the exception of Kreia, were sub-par, although i agree the ending was really rushed and the story was left unfinished, not taking in account the late substraction of the Drone Construction Facility world, where HK-47 originated from.
Well, maybe it will be a good MMORPG, if they can do better than Star Wars Galaxies, but i highly doubt it, since that genre kinda lacks in story progression.

Current PC Build

what rpg would make u buy a system for that u dont currently own? for me since i own all 3 systems this gen and both handhelds, if would be a pc system for me and the game would be a kings quest game, i love that series.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

That is a trick question, since i have all the consoles and a pc rig that runs every game out there. The only thing lacking is a DS, but since i got my sister's DS for that, i guess i'm all set. But the RPG's that i think that are and will be system sellers are SO4, FFv13, DQ9, The world ends with you (got to try it yet though), Crisis Core and The Witcher

Current PC Build