By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

FFXIII, FF is the most comercially succesful RPG franchise after pokemon, FF is also popular in all territories, while DQ is only huge in japan and somehow well known in other territories, also FFXIII will be released in 2 consoles that will help alot. DQ will be be the better game though.

Around the Network

If FFXIII sells like FFX and FFVII did in the West, then I say FFXIII otherwise DQIX.

would anyone get dragon quest 9 on the wii, if square-enix did what they did with the final fantasy:echoes of time game, where it was the same game ( graphics and all )? i would

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

they are to bussy working on DQX to think on DQIX on wii, and FFCC:EOT was suppose to work on both consoles at the same time, they can make a spin off alright, like DQ swords defenders of the starry sky wii

@emilie autumn, that is true. but i dont think it would take much effort or time to bring it to the wii and since square-enix likes to port things, i think its a 40% of happening at some point.

Around the Network

@robotechheaven ,since FFV all FF and DQ sales in japan have been pretty well neck and neck,with DQ7 4.12m being DQ's biggest seller and ff7 3.93m being FF"S top seller ,but when you factor in the west it becomes a one horse race and i expected you as a knowledgeable rpger to know this ,and if you look at the western gaming public FF is still the better known series by some margin, although this reflects ENIX's marketing decisions and not the DQ games ,so ffxiii for sure even if DQ9 is given a higher rating and thats not a given.
Have you had a play with record of lodoss war yet ,give me a synopsis if you can remembering it's pretty old

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

tell me if squeenix is telling every body that multi platform is the way to go and ff isan example of this ,why not DQ ,DQ8 sold 4.69 m on ps2 1mill of that in the west making it there biggest seller although not by much considering DQ7 only sold 210k outside japan and that was the US and DQ8 had OTHERS as well but it was still a big jump up in the west, OTHERS going from pretty much zero to 600k and the US doubling sales from DQ7 isn't bad ,but dispite the  inroads they don't seem to have a lot of faith that it can go multi platform on the hd consoles

@mjk45, the reason i think dragon quest 9 can out sell ff13 is its on the ds, and with its install base it has a great shot.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@mjk45, the reason i think dragon quest 9 can out sell ff13 is its on the ds, and with its install base it has a great shot.

That´s true, but every first next-gen FF sells more than the rest in the West (FFVII first FF on PSX and FFX on PS2). Also FFXIII comes both on PS3 and X360, where all hardcore western gamers are gathered. So it´s going to be a tough fight, that I think FFXIII will win. But DQX for Wii, which will be marketed like hell in the West thanks to Nintendo´s collabaration, will surpass them both.

@robotech heaven,concerning DQ9 selling more because of ds install base thats not what you said this is. " which rpg do u think will sell more copies worldwide, dragon quest 9 or final fantasy 13? i think it will be dragon quest 9 , because its a lot more popluar than final fantasy series is in japan. which means a few million more in sales than ff13 will get" my response was to those comments,so i stated since FFV sales in japan between the franchises have been pretty even so my comments stand