By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

do u think that bethesda will bring out fallout 4 and elder scrolls 5 this gen yet or will they appear within the 2 years after the next systems launch? i think we will get elder scrolls 5 in 2010 and fallout 4 in 2012 at around the next systems launch.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Hopefully we'll get another console P.E, but as have been said, P.E 3 coming to the PSP is going to get us our fill of P.E =)
Hopefully we will have also a HD version of Grandia, but I have some doubts, since Grandia 3 and Grandia Xtreme weren't that good, and were also a little lacking on sales :/
I have just started playing Dragon Quest V. I think it's one of the best overall stories in the DQ series, since you even get to fight with your own children xD.
Hopefully we'll see ES 5 in 2010, but with all the DLC for FO 3, Bethesda is going to have their hands full, so a 2011 release, I believe, it's the more likely scenario.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, the reason i think elder scrolls 5 will hit in 2010 is it will be 3years since we got elder scrolls 4 in march of 06, in march of this year. so getting elder scrolls 5 in 2010 seems very good , since then it would be going on 4 years.

@lestatdark, i also think grandia 4 will happen in 2010 i think and i understand your sales point on grandia 3 but look at the star ocean series they never sold well and they are on number # 4 now. so it could happen i think. :)

Hopefully they'll make Grandia 4, i love the series very much, especially the first two games =) You're right about Star Ocean, it doesn't have the sales of the major JRPG contenders, but still it's going to it's fourth iteration, so everything is possible (and SO 4 is shaping up to be the best Star Ocean, IMO, based in what we have seen of the game).
Bethesda would do good in releasing the next elder scrolls next year, that way it will make the series in a constant 4 year release windows, since Morrowind was also released 4 years before Oblivion. Do you think they'll use an enhanced version of the Aurora engine they used for both Oblivion and Fallout 3, or are they developing a brand new engine?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@lestatdark, i think they will use a serious enhanced engine for elder scrolls 5. i think they will start working on a new engine next year so its ready for their next game after elder scrolls 5 for the next round of systems.

I think they can upgrade the Aurora even more, seeing that it's heavily based on texture mapping and polygon count.
After ES 5 they can launch a new engine hopefully and not go with a pre-estabilshed engine like most companies today are using even more.

Current PC Build

@lestatdark,robotechheaven,actually starocean tteot,sold 1.29mill,and thats without pal regions,the pal figures would bring it up to at least 1.5mill or more and its the next rpg after the big sellers,ff,dq,kh,and zelda so thats why theres a no4 coming, didn't you like grandia 3 i thought it wasn't bad just old school grandia style rpg the first is still the best

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

why is everybody especially robotechheaven so keen on grandia1,2,3 so1,etc on psn,xbl most of us on this thread own em anyway and you can pick em up if you dont

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45 i own them all already. but i just would like them to be put up specially on xbl so my xbox only friends can try this great series ( grandia ).