By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

SO4 DLC possibilities: new PAs, new planet(s), new endings, new costumes, new playable characters. Namco should release their PSX Tales on PSN, Live. Blizzard doesn´t need consoles, WoW has so many users and generates such a big income that console versions are not needed. WoW is also unplayable on consoles, whereas FFXI is versatile and playable on many platforms, but not optimized for PCs. Favorite SO, well I´ve only played the first one so far. I think SO4 will be the best one. Never played any Grandia, I wanted to import G3 but I purchased Atelier Iris instead and have regretted it.

Around the Network

i imported a fair few US ntsc rpgs from the states that didn't come out in oz after buying a slimline ps2,loved it being dc so i didn't have to get a power converter as we run at 240 volts, and one of the games i got was MS SAGA-a new dawn, any thoughts about it as it is on my to play list of the rpgs i imported,others being Drakengard 2 and Front mission 4 although it's not a true rpg ,plus xenosaga 3, xenosaga 2 came out here so i know i will like number 3 all the rest of my imports i have played including grandia 3.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Well back on the thread after a while. My favourite grandia is the very first one, it has such amazing moments, and climbing the wall at the end of the world it's still on my top ten most memorable game moments :D.
Also my favourite Tales game is the first one as well, Tales of Phantasia, it has such a great story and it really blurs the line between good and evil, seeing that you try all the game to destroy Dhaos when he only wants to save his own planet.
My favourite SO game is SO3: Till The End of Time as well ;).

Well now i'm really into Lost Odyssey, this game is my favourite RPG for the past 4 years, even it's sidequests are magnificent :D. (Thanks for the Gongora's Secret Cave tip ROBOTECHHEAVEN, i got to level 49 in there and i'm doing the secret boss battles in a breeze.)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, your welcome. :)
tonight's topic will be which rpg that is only on a pc as of right now, would u like too see make the jump to consoles? my choice is "lord of the rings online".

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

where do u think the next grandia game will land on ? xbox 360
do u think we will get another console version of parasite eve ? hopes so

Around the Network

I would say The Witcher but it has already been announced for consoles.

The Witcher is coming to 360/PS3 so no, but i would love to re play Fallout 1 and 2 let say on the DS (this could easily be done) or maybe baldurs gate and Icewind dale, now that would make DS my most beloved console ever. :D But it aint gonna happen.

Next Grandia on X360/PS3. We´re getting a PE3 on PSP, so I doubt there will be another PE for consoles anytime soon.

i would love to see square-enix put the grandia 1-3 on xbl and psn and also star ocean 1-3.

what old school rpg did u recently play? for me it was super mario rpg.