By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@mjk45, i know the pc version of sacred 2:fallen angel got bad reviews, but i hope the problems are fixed for the 360 version.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

who here is getting the dlc for fallout 3 ( 360 only ) ?

@mjk45 we still don't know about the requirements for DA Origins, but my friend's laptops can barely run Warcraft 3 for a game of defense of the ancients, much less will they run DA xDD New laptops here are really expensive, so we don't have a lot of money to spend in new pc's or laptops.

@ROBOTECHHEAVEN, i'm looking forward to Mass Effect 2 and Dark Cloud 3 (since Rogue Galaxy was a poor man attempt at a DC 3). Also my favourite moment thus far in Lost Odissey is the part where Kaim and Sarah reunite, Cooke and Mack singing Lirum's lullaby to her, was so very pretty and emotive :) but the part where kaim sees his daugther and have her die a few moments later, was really really powerful, almost made me cry. I just started DVD 3 now, onto the Ice Glacier now, thanks to your tip i've got the 500 perfects Achievement already ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, np man. glad i could help u out. if anyone needs my help in a rpg i will help to my best ability, always.

@lestatdark ,so what do you normally play on when you play with your friends console,laptop,desktop pc,most of the gamers i know when not playing alone tend to play online with desktop pc's especially fps and newer games,and use laptops for work/study plus to play a few older games and games they can play while commuting,but there is a growing trend to also get a ps3 or360 as well ,and knowing some pc gamers thoughts on consoles thats good , that way i can play on all formats at the moment it has been ps3 resistance 2 co-op but since i maxed out all three squad types , i am busting for kz2,so ps3 loks like it will be my console for co-op for al ittle while at least,sorry about getting away from rpgs.

@robotechheaven , most games i know that get ported very rarely change that much ,and as much as i would like to see that happen i wouldn't hold my breath,but seeing we are all different you might find it to be the opposite to how i found the game to be,and it could just be me being picky ' i"am going to start playing lost odyssey again so could you   please tell me the hint for perfect  aim ring timing,  if you  would like thanks

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@mjk45
We usually get together for WarCraft 3, Starcraft, Unreal Tournament or Diablo 2, and most of them play WoW too, i just can't seem to get in that game.
I have only one friend with a 360 and none with a PS3, here in portugal PS2 is still king, most people still play it because of Pro Evolution Soccer.

Resistance 2 was fun for a while, didn't like the co-op that much, but the multiplayer was fun, and I loved the story, it's just keeps getting better at each game, but like you said, i'm also waiting for KZ2, not much because of all the hype of the game ( i get really annoyed every time i open the main page of VGCHARTZ and the only thing i see is threads of that game), but because it seems fun, like an evolution of COD4.
But the co-op game im really waiting for in the ps3 is WKC ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestat dark it is a bummer when either you or the net or site gets on the hype train ,i remember going to a site while surfing that turned out to be hyping haze, it said it was hyping haze as away to protest the halo 3 hype and thought it was a game worth hyping just as much ?,just as we can tend to look at old games through rose coloured glasses especialy since it has become intertwined with good thoughts of the past,and in a way helped define us as gamers the imagining of the game for me anyway always beats the cool light of day and so the dissapointment can be more than it should, so i look forward to games with hope ,but no longer expect the second coming of gameplay and tend to look forward to many years of great gaming

@robotechheaven ,or any one for that matter, i bought a psp game cheaply the other day called dragoon aria any thoughts on this game,and should i start it straight away.

@mjk45, i own dragoon aria, i really liked it alot. i think u will as well, the story i thought was good.
on getting a perfect every time u play "lost odyssey", do this. when u pull back on the right trigger and watch the ring get closer to the other one, when u let go of the right trigger make sure u hear a click noise, because if u do hear a click noise when u let go of the right trigger, u will always get a perfect .

is anyone besides me getting the final fantasy :echos of time game on the wii? or ds? i am getting it on the wii.