By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@robotechheaven, the record of lodoss war was a diablo style rpg for the dreamcast it also added a few welcome touches of it own you got your own fortress full of friendly goblins after you defeated there leader ,a blacksmith set up is workshop there and upgraded your armour with runes after you rescued him and all special weapons you found a replica of them would be displayed in cabinets in the workshop, the weapons and armour upgrading was in my opinion very good for the time , if you have an dreamcast or emulator its worth having a look at as is draconus:cult of the wyrm

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@mjk45, ok cool. thanks for the info. i do have a dreamcast maybe i'll get them tomorrow.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

what rpg games would like to see announced this year at gdc,e3 or tokyo game show? 1. grandia 4 2. blue dragon 2 3. lost odyssey 2 4. zelda 5.metroid 6. mass effect 2 7. jade empire 2

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
what rpg games would like to see announced this year at gdc,e3 or tokyo game show? 1. grandia 4 2. blue dragon 2 3. lost odyssey 2 4. zelda 5.metroid 6. mass effect 2 7. jade empire 2

definitely grandia 4 it would be a dream come true i loved grandia 3 it was amazing¡¡¡¡ but it was to short. but the one rpg i would love to be announced that i would die of joy if it is announced is..... LEGEND OF THE DRAGOON 2¡¡¡¡¡¡.

@luisgvm, i agree with u on "legend of dragoon 2". but i dont think sony is ever going to listen to the fans of this gem of a game and make a sequel we thought should have happened on the ps2. i hope someday i am wrong but if they ever decide to make a sequel they better put the original on psn and also promote the hell out of it.

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@luisgvm, i agree with u on "legend of dragoon 2". but i dont think sony is ever going to listen to the fans of this gem of a game and make a sequel we thought should have happened on the ps2. i hope someday i am wrong but if they ever decide to make a sequel they better put the original on psn and also promote the hell out of it.

well you can only dream.

@luisgvm, i think the main reason Sony haven't made a sequel to LOD was there relationship, with square .
square wasn't to happy with what was considered by square as sony cashing in on ff's success on ps1,so to keep square onside they didn't make a sequel .

The later bailout and shareholding by sony would have also lessened the chance of a sequel, but has i have stated in an earlier post things have changed and ff's are no longer exclusive ,so sony should start up a 1st party rpg studio preferably two but I'll accept one, and lod2 should be its first game as it has a track record of success as a sony produced rpg, this would also mean sony would have more certainty on the rpg side for releases ,and filling a void in between 3rd party games it would also help at least a little the american side of things as lod was a big seller there,does any one know what happened to the main people behind lod and could sony get some of them back or should they go for a new team.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45, i think most of the original lod team moved onto other studios. some are still with sony but not many if i remember correctly. i think sony should hire who ever they can back and also start a rpg studio, and make a lod2 its 1st game. but with the economy the way it is and most likey sony closing some studios this year as a way to cut some costs for them, i dont expect sony to start a studio or buy one like level5 , unless the economy improves for them.

how many rpg's is everyone planning on buying this year?
wii : 4
360 : 5
ps3 : 1
psp : 3
ds : 5

mjk45 said:

@luisgvm, i think the main reason Sony haven't made a sequel to LOD was there relationship, with square .
square wasn't to happy with what was considered by square as sony cashing in on ff's success on ps1,so to keep square onside they didn't make a sequel .

The later bailout and shareholding by sony would have also lessened the chance of a sequel, but has i have stated in an earlier post things have changed and ff's are no longer exclusive ,so sony should start up a 1st party rpg studio preferably two but I'll accept one, and lod2 should be its first game as it has a track record of success as a sony produced rpg, this would also mean sony would have more certainty on the rpg side for releases ,and filling a void in between 3rd party games it would also help at least a little the american side of things as lod was a big seller there,does any one know what happened to the main people behind lod and could sony get some of them back or should they go for a new team.

i didnt know that, well i think that years ago there were news that said that sony was making an lod 2 but they cancelled maybe it was cancelled because of what you said.