By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

what are your favourite non jprg's game(s), ome of mine is vampire the masquerade:bloodlines yes it had bugs but most were fixed over time , i played with my deceased wife as a malkavian we took turns choosing the different game choices so playing to the malkavian split personality madness aspect of the game and we really enjoyed it, i found out later about, another couple who did the same thing.
other games i liked was summoner 2 , and anachronox even if some people think it rips of ff7

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@mjk45 , my favorite non jrpg's would be .
1. uncharted : drakes fortune
2. gears of war 1
3. gears of war 2
4. super mario galaxy
5. banjo kazooie 1,2 and nuts & bolts
6. killer instinct 1,2 and gold
7. soulcalibur 1 and 4
8. metal gear solid 4
9. myst
10. shivers

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

My personal favourite non-RPG's are:

1 - Sonic 2
2- Gran Turismo 4
3 - Metal Gear Solid 1
4 - Pro Evolution Soccer 6
5 - Super Mario World
6 - Kirby Superstar
7 - Castlevania Vampire's Kiss
8 - Goldeneye
9 - Super Mario Galaxy
10 - Resident Evil 2

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@robotech heaven and lestatdark ,both lists are mighty fine,i would add resi 4 and half-life 2 , but when i said non jrpg's i meant rpg's that aren't japanese but still liked the lists

Sorry then, my bad XDD
Those would be Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, KOTOR I and II, Mass Effect, Ultima VIII and Fallout 2

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Sorry then, my bad XDD
Those would be Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, KOTOR I and II, Mass Effect, Ultima VIII and Fallout 2

No love for Fallout 1 and Planescape Torment?  These are like the only titles you don't have from the one development team.

oh, oops sorry. mine then would be kings quest 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and diablo 2,kotor 1,morrowind,oblivion,mass effect,baldur's gate:dark alliance,marvel ultimate alliance.

@Largedarryl, i forgot about Planescape Torment, my bad XD Fallout 1 wasn't nearly as good as the second in my opinion, mainly because your character could easily become broken early game(i remember doing criticals with my mini-gun up to 700 damage in a series of super mutants with finesse and 10 luck at about level 5, but even before that i got Little Red Special BB gun that dealt 25-25 damage, that was way too high) as for the second you had more balance (well until you got the PA, then it was broken once again xD).
Black Isle and Bioware were/are my favourite PC developers since i was a little kid, followed closely with Lucasarts because of their Monkey Island series.

Current PC Build

i got the new "play" magazine today and was reading its best games of 2008. i was liking where the games were positioned untill i saw what the writer has said about "lost odyssey", he said that the game collapsed under its own weight ( the story ), said everything else was very solid. just the story wasnt any good, this person must have been on drugs to say the story in lost odyssey wasnt any good.

@lestatdark ,interesting what you said about fallout 2,in light of the comments of the producers of fallout 3 , they said fallout 1 was the template they tried to use when making fallout 3, because they didn"t like the way fallout 2's humour often broke the 3rd wall between the game and the player and had decided to ignore it all together ,i enjoyed fallout 2 more but then again i played 2 before 1, arcanum is a great game also