By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

^KH2 Sephiroth was a disappointment to be honest, especially after seeing how hard KH1 Sephiroth was.

Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a reality check.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Johann said:
Euphoria14 said:
Anyone here think they could pull off a win against KH1 Sephiroth using waggle for the sword attacks while at the same time using the analog to run and somehow navigating through your magic and/or items when Sephiroth does "Sin Harvest"?

How can I navigate with the D-Pad and/or A/B buttons when my arm is flailing around? Now that would be one hell of a task.

Funny thing, a friend of mine thinks that KH2's Seph is harder. I told him he was insane. He would at least have a point if he said that the battle against Squall, Cloud, Yuffie and Tifa. Now THAT was hard!

What blasphemy are you saying my good man? Squall, Cloud, Yuffie and tifa level 99 was a breeze!  just keep to the sides, pick on tifa, then pick on yuffie and you're done xD i only used cure once through the whole fight, on Proud mode

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Euphoria14 said:
lestatdark said:
@Euphoria14

No, it is really a shame, but neither Lufia is on the wii's VC yet :/ i really think that it lacks a huge amount of RPGs.

KH1 sephiroth would be a joke with waggle
*walks into colosseum for platinum fight*
*Sephiroth appears from white light thingy and one winged angel starts to play*
*you wiggle your controller to get the first hits*
*you get hit twice by sephiroth's masamune*
*you die the most painfully stupid death because wiggling against an insanely fast opponent is just wrong*

LOL!

I was just sitting in my room with a Wii-mote trying to figure out how in the hell I would pull off magic/item shortcuts while waggling the wii-mote and I shit you not I almost hit myself in the face because it was hard to pay attention to what I was doing, let alone look at my TV screen.

I almost feel thankful that i don't have my wii around here, or else i would try that too XD. Seriously now, if it does indeed come to the wii, it would have to be played with the traditional controller, or else i predict a lot of broken tv's will ensue :P
My prediction if KH3 comes to wii - 1 TV broken for every 2 games

Pick up any controller you have close to you, stand up and act like you are fighting Sephiroth in KH1.

Let me know these few things -

#1. How absolutely stupid you look trying to swing that fast just to keep up with Sephy.

#2. How in the hell you pull off a magic and/or healing item in the middle of your attacks.

#3. How you find it remotely entertaining.

Also if the game had controls that used the classic controller my question would be "Well, then why is it on the Wii?".

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

@lestatdark: After 49 battles!? And when you lost you couldn't go back to the 40th or you wouldn't get eough of those yellow ball thingys! I thought it was hard as hell!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:
@lestatdark: After 49 battles!? And when you lost you couldn't go back to the 40th or you wouldn't get eough of those yellow ball thingys! I thought it was hard as hell!

Do not worry young Padawan, we shall teach you the ways of the Keyblade so that you too can one day breeze your way through KH2 and all it's battles.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

@Johann

I've got all the points needed for the hades paradox cup at the first 20 levels, just abuse the hell out of Summon Stich and it's ukelele attack XD 1000 points per battle easy.
Yeah even at 49 battles i found it easy, if you didn't try to go macho on them and try to fight them all at once. Glide, high jump and aerial jump are your best friends on that battle :D

@Euphoria14

Ok I see your point now, i've tried with my tv's remote and have to say how incredibly stupid this is XDDDD for the love of god, please, let S-E have the decency not to do such an abomination. I was thinking of adding the magic/item shortcuts to the - and + buttons, but it's plain wrong, you don't have enough speed to pull a sephy battle :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@Euhoria14: If I could just try again right after, it'd be easy! But going through all those battles again was too much for me!
Stop making fun of me!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Anyone read the thread about Square-Enix realizing what is wrong with JRPGs?

I don't know if I am the only one but it seems as though we have a whole new breed of RPG fan now and from reading the responses in that thread I feel as though these kind of "fresh" ideas are going to destroy what we learned to love from our JRPGs.

Many even go as far as saying Square-Enix should start making their games more like an Oblivion or Fallout 3. Oh the horror, guns, swords and no storyline.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:

I don't know if I am the only one but it seems as though we have a whole new breed of RPG fan now and from reading the responses in that thread I feel as though these kind of "fresh" ideas are going to destroy what we learned to love from our JRPGs.

Many even go as far as saying Square-Enix should start making their games more like an Oblivion or Fallout 3. Oh the horror, guns, swords and no storyline.

Could you give me the link?

I don't fresh ideas are going to ruin JRPGs just as long as they are done right.  Look at Persona 3 and 4.  They use fresh ideas and both games, especially the latter, were praised immensely by both reviewers and gamers

Riachu said:
Euphoria14 said:

Could you give me the link?

I don't fresh ideas are going to ruin JRPGs just as long as they are done right. Look at Persona 3 and 4. They use fresh ideas and both games, especially the latter, were praised immensely by both reviewers and gamers

Well, these "freash" ideas I was talking about were

#1. Make them more western oriented.

#2. Make them open world like Oblivion and/or Fallout.

#3. Make the main characters older, around the 25-30+ range.

Currently playing: