By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@Johann

You sir, have a gift for name-giving xDDDD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

LOL @ Johann

@Raichu

Was the Mother 3 translation patch released yet?

@Lestat

I think I will give it a try one of these days. Is it on the Wii VC?

Yes, Sephiroth with waggle would be a disaster. They would have to seriously dumb down the difficulty or makes sephiroth slow as a sloth taking a shit if you want any hope of beating him, especially KH1 Sephiroth.

Maybe it is just me, but I think waggle would kill that entire franchise for me.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

lestatdark said:
@Johann

You sir, have a gift for name-giving xDDDD

Thank Euphoria14, he gave me the image! I'm still picturing a crazy waggling Soriku in front of a TV!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Euphoria14 said:
LOL @ Johann

@Raichu

@Lestat

Yes, Sephiroth with waggle would be a disaster. They would have to seriously dumb down the difficulty or makes sephiroth slow as a sloth taking a shit if you want any hope of beating him, especially KH1 Sephiroth.

Maybe it is just me, but I think waggle would kill that entire franchise for me.

It was released quite a while ago.  There were over 100,000 downloads of the patch in the first week alone I might add.  You didn't notice?

Anyone here think they could pull off a win against KH1 Sephiroth using waggle for the sword attacks while at the same time using the analog to run and somehow navigating through your magic and/or items when Sephiroth does "Sin Harvest"?

How can I navigate with the D-Pad and/or A/B buttons when my arm is flailing around? Now that would be one hell of a task.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Euphoria14 said:
LOL @ Johann

@Raichu

@Lestat

It was released quite a while ago.  There were over 100,000 downloads of the patch in the first week alone I might add.  You didn't notice?

Nope, I honestly haven't even played through Earthbound.

The battle style and especially the view turned me off almost instantly. Just like Dragon Quest did.

Currently playing:

@Euphoria14

No, it is really a shame, but neither Lufia is on the wii's VC yet :/ i really think that it lacks a huge amount of RPGs.

KH1 sephiroth would be a joke with waggle
*walks into colosseum for platinum fight*
*Sephiroth appears from white light thingy and one winged angel starts to play*
*you wiggle your controller to get the first hits*
*you get hit twice by sephiroth's masamune*
*you die the most painfully stupid death because wiggling against an insanely fast opponent is just wrong*

Edit - I love the battle style of earthbound, it's just so old school rpg :D but seriously, what makes the game is the humour that it has, it's everywhere, even in battles, so you could actually have two battles that weren't the same through the whole game (that is if you didn't stop to power level :P )

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@Euphoria14

No, it is really a shame, but neither Lufia is on the wii's VC yet :/ i really think that it lacks a huge amount of RPGs.

*you die the most painfully stupid death because wiggling against an insanely fast opponent is just wrong*

LOL!

I was just sitting in my room with a Wii-mote trying to figure out how in the hell I would pull off magic/item shortcuts while waggling the wii-mote and I shit you not I almost hit myself in the face because it was hard to pay attention to what I was doing, let alone look at my TV screen.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
Anyone here think they could pull off a win against KH1 Sephiroth using waggle for the sword attacks while at the same time using the analog to run and somehow navigating through your magic and/or items when Sephiroth does "Sin Harvest"?

How can I navigate with the D-Pad and/or A/B buttons when my arm is flailing around? Now that would be one hell of a task.

Funny thing, a friend of mine thinks that KH2's Seph is harder. I told him he was insane. He would at least have a point if he said that the battle against Squall, Cloud, Yuffie and Tifa. Now THAT was hard!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Euphoria14 said:
lestatdark said:
@Euphoria14

LOL!

I was just sitting in my room with a Wii-mote trying to figure out how in the hell I would pull off magic/item shortcuts while waggling the wii-mote and I shit you not I almost hit myself in the face because it was hard to pay attention to what I was doing, let alone look at my TV screen.

I almost feel thankful that i don't have my wii around here, or else i would try that too XD. Seriously now, if it does indeed come to the wii, it would have to be played with the traditional controller, or else i predict a lot of broken tv's will ensue :P
My prediction if KH3 comes to wii - 1 TV broken for every 2 games

Current PC Build