By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

what was the feature u liked the most in dragon quest 9 ?

i liked no fixed party

The treasure hunting grottos. If you get a grotto with enough levels, you can get some pretty amazing enemies where to farm gold/exp/rare alchemy items much easier.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

sometimes i wish we could enjoy the handheld games on the home console, not through another device ( psp ), but the actual console instead. like playing all the great games on the big screen, like playing persona 3 portable or phantasy star portable on my hdtv , anyone else wish this feature was available ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

who here besides me would like a sequel to nier ?

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

sometimes i wish we could enjoy the handheld games on the home console, not through another device ( psp ), but the actual console instead. like playing all the great games on the big screen, like playing persona 3 portable or phantasy star portable on my hdtv , anyone else wish this feature was available ?

Ive been asking for this (around here and the PSblog) for along time.  Never really made sense to me why the PSP could not plug into the PS3 via USB and have the PS3 hardware do the upscaling to your TV allow an app on the PS3 to set up a DS3 control scheme.  It makes sense they do not want people playing PSP games without a PSP (so no dl games played without a PSP) but why not give us this type of functionality?

The Wii and the DS could do something similar (tho the touchscreen part might make it more difficult)

@Lestat i have some questions ,you mentioned changing vocations,so if i change from say minstrel to thief and invest skills into the sword  there rather than continuing doing it with the minstrel better because of  it ranks up quicker at lower levels or some other reason and if so does that mean the sword skills are carried over if i change back

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

@Lestat i have some questions ,you mentioned changing vocations,so if i change from say minstrel to thief and invest skills into the sword  there rather than continuing doing it with the minstrel better because of  it ranks up quicker at lower levels or some other reason and if so does that mean the sword skills are carried over if i change back

Yup, you can shift vocations to increase skills in weapons that are shared between those vocations and still mantain the current weapon skill that you have. 

That's also the strategy to get the most of the skill system, even though at higher levels you also gain more skill points per level (At level 40 i'm gaining 6 skill points per level).

@Robo

How many skill points do you gain at level 70 and forward?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Ssenkahdavic said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Ive been asking for this (around here and the PSblog) for along time.  Never really made sense to me why the PSP could not plug into the PS3 via USB and have the PS3 hardware do the upscaling to your TV allow an app on the PS3 to set up a DS3 control scheme.  It makes sense they do not want people playing PSP games without a PSP (so no dl games played without a PSP) but why not give us this type of functionality?

The Wii and the DS could do something similar.

you can do some of that if you have a psp 3000 all you need is a psp av cable no hd upscale though but big screen plus if they did what robo suggested they would have to put in a umd drive seeing he said not through another device but the actual console ,plus upscaled psp games arn't gonna magically look much better than using a psp av cable .all up its just not worth there while .

by the way don,t forget to vote for  our boy lestat at the  most famous VGer thread ,while at the same time downgrading some one you have had a run in with .

mjk45 said:

by the way don,t forget to vote for  our boy lestat at the  most famous VGer thread ,while at the same time downgrading some one you have had a run in with .

Thanks  

But in all honesty, I feel that someone like CGI or Khuutra should win that one. From the list of people available there, they seem the most balanced posters I've encountered here on VGC.

Current PC Build

@lestatdark, i think its around 15 points per lev at 70 if i remember correctly. i will check again when i next levup for u.