By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

just got back from shopping ,got a copy of Demons Souls : Black Phantom Edition  half price a bargain , i alreayt had a copy of Demon Souls, has i had  bought the Asian/English version just after the Japanese release, but got this one for the servers. also paid for GT5 limited edition was thinking of getting the ultra one but at the end of the day settled for this .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
maxxpower said:

Hey guys I'm starting a new game on Demon's Souls, which class is the one that has the magic arrow to start with? Royal?

yes the character with the soul arrow is Royalty

I have a question ,was thinking of playing Star ocean the second story or Star ocean second eveolution ,since i own both i have been leaning towards playing the PS1  game has i was told the psp game has a different real time battle system, so what are the nmain differences has i liked the ps games system.

mjk45 said:

I have a question ,was thinking of playing Star ocean the second story or Star ocean second eveolution ,since i own both i have been leaning towards playing the PS1  game has i was told the psp game has a different real time battle system, so what are the nmain differences has i liked the ps games system.

I could not really tell you the difference.  It has been a VERY long time since I played SO:2 on the PS1, but I recently played the PSP game.  Just going off memory I thought they were very similar?  I could be wrong here but I do not remember anything major being different (or really any difference at all)  What I do know is that I enjoyed the game as much this playthrough as I did originally on the PS1 (this means I enjoyed the game more than Star Ocean First Departure both times I played it)

@mjk45, i think the psp version is the better one, cleaned up and improved overall. just my opinion.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

now that  SE is bringing front mission 3 to  PS classics to celebrate the imminent launch of FM evolved will you get it  i sure will even though the main character  had a chip on his shoulder that was so big it almost overshadowed his whining and unhealthy protective relationship with his adopted sister,so another top class game with a character that i wanted to punch in the face.

@mjk45, yes i will download it when it comes out, i would rather have chrono and valkryie though.

has anyone made a character  from 3d dot game heroes and shared them with a friend of yours ?

@mjk45: I will for use on my PSP/PS3.  Im a big Front Mission fan (tho I agree with your assessement of the silly ass main character)

@Robo:  I still need to play my copy of 3d dot heroes....  Just have not had the time to play consoles lately, and just seem to always have my DS/PSP in my hands whenever I need to game.  With Kingdom Hearts, Valk Chronicles 2, and YS Seven coming out soon I doubt it will change either (Plus the huge backlog of good DS games I have)

@Robo ,have you DL'd death spank yet.