By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

Hey guys I'm starting a new game on Demon's Souls, which class is the one that has the magic arrow to start with? Royal?

Around the Network

Guys, so I've been considering getting an Xbox 360 because I really want to play the exclusive RPGs the system has. Most of these RPGs I want received low scores from mainstream reviewers, and honestly I don't trust them one bit, so if I could please get your thoughts on some of these games.

Infinite Undiscovery

Divinity II

Risen

Two Worlds

Mass Effect 1 & 2

Fable 2

@maxxpower, i think u will love the jrpg's on the 360 if u give them a chance

infinite undiscovery is my 2nd favorite jrpg on the 360, fun battle system, good graphics,good music, a good ending, also a mnice twist near the end. also their is a extra dungeon where u can level up like crazy and has some tough bosses and someone makes a return in that dungeon as well. overall a good jrpg in my opinion

divinity 2 is a good action/rpg , fun gameplay,good graphics,lots of stuff to do, a overall good game worth the cheap price its at now.

risen is a oblivion clone , open world, lots of quests to do, u block alot more in the game than u did in oblivion,u can branch off into 2 different factions in the game, 1 u will learn magic and the other is weapon based, ending is ok. good game i think

two worlds is crap, better to wait for the sequel and see if thats any better.

mass effect series are very top notch quality games, highly recommend getting them u will be very happy, trust me.

fable 2 is a good game, has co-op online and a few twists during the story, battle system is easy too learn.

LOST ODYSSEY is the must buy jrpg for the 360, it has the best story i have ever seen in a jrpg before. the dream writings are so well written that they can get to u and make u think and almost maybe get a tear. battle system is old school with a added twist, lots of quests,items,weapons,bosses,extra dungeons,also a dlc weapons and dungeon u get buy as well. a 10/10  :)

blue dragon is another good game its the 360's version of dragon quest, tons of quests and optionable things to do,u can very easly put well over 120 hrs into the game without thinking if u wana do everything the game has too offer.

tales of vesperia is my favorite home console version of a tales game, 100 hrs to do everything,tons of quests,dungeons and crafting too do for u.

magna carta 2 is another good jrpg , i enjoyed the hell out of the game and put over 70hrs into it when i beat it, should give it a try i think.

phantasy star universe is a good action/rpg well worth the cheap price its at right now.

hope that helps u out

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Thanks a lot ROBO.

I'm planning on buying a 4gb xbox 360 slim and then using 16gb flash drives, will I be ok?

@maxxpower, yes u will be fine. remember u can use 2 16gig flash drives for a total of 32gig ok. and enjoy , if u need any other advice or anything let me know man.

Around the Network

@Maxxpower:  I played both Risen, Divinity 2,  ME1/2 on the PC and enjoyed them all.  

All of these games are supposedly better on the PC (this is second hand, I have not played the 360 versions, just read reviews and I very much doubt there is any noticeable differences) so that might be your avenue if you have a gaming PC (that and they cost 10 bucks less).  

I am also one of the few that enjoyed ME 1 more than 2.  

As Robo said, Two Worlds is awful but the sequel looks very promising.  

Good luck with your Xbox.  I repurchased an Arcade for exactly the same reason as you :)  RPGs

Playing LO right now and lovin it.  

@Maxxpower

,they are right stay away from two worlds, i think lost odyssey is the pick of the bunch and is the one i would look at getting first and foremost.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I have been playing death spank  it is not a bad little game ,good humour real fun you guys should check it out.

@mjk45, will check out death spank tonight.

@Robo ,lets us know what you think i think it is a fun game