By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@ssen, oh ok. 

i have my entire linkshell from ff11:online coming to the ps3 version when it launches next year, thats 80ppl in all.  cant wait, we will balance our time between ff11:online / ff14:online.  the way u and your friends are with wow is how me and my friends are with ff11:online, i celebrated my 5th year with ff11:online in march of this year.

all the rpg's u listed for the ps3 i will have on launch day for sure. 

will get xenoblade when i go on my vacation too.  :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

@Robo: Im very interested in Xenoblade.  Kinda funny actually, I have a Wii just no games for it.  

My mother bought it for my sister and she never played it (then went off to college) so she gave it to me.  

im Currently right at the end of Dragon Age:origins (about to enter the gates at fort drakon i think in the final battle) and i have really enjoyed the game im gutted that im now at the very end.

So would it be worth downloading the Dragon age Awakening DLC? and how does this content work? i.e does the story carry on from where you finished in origins or is it a different story with different characters?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:

im Currently right at the end of Dragon Age:origins (about to enter the gates at fort drakon i think in the final battle) and i have really enjoyed the game im gutted that im now at the very end.

So would it be worth downloading the Dragon age Awakening DLC? and how does this content work? i.e does the story carry on from where you finished in origins or is it a different story with different characters?

The story does carry on, with new characters (and of course some old ones here and there)  

I loved DA:O and played all the DLC packs for it.  In the end some of them were not worth it, but in all I do not feel I wasted any money overall.  Awakening is very interesting and I enjoyed it almost as much as the original game itself.  

Im looking forward to DA:O 2 big time.

@Ssenkah ,you mentioned about waiting for a 360S arcade is that because you have an old 360 drive to install in it

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Started playing Nocturne again yesterday only meant to play for an hour you can guess the rest.

Have any of you guys played Hazen, it's an episodic ARPG but every episode is a self contained story its on steam .

@mjk45: I do not intend to install any games, or buy anything online so I have no need for an internal harddrive.  I do all of that on my PS3.  

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can use USB external harddrives on it cant you?

I have heard the name, but no I have not played it.  How is it?

And yes, I have been sucked into more than one Atlus game that I meant to only play for an hour... I only meant to play Persona 3 Portable for an hour last night, and ended up spending 3.  Needless to say I was quite worthless at work today :)

@Ssenkah ,so your basicaly saying you only want the 360 for a few games that interest you that you can't get on ps3 and have no interest in live or online co- etc , i have found even 12months in to the ps3's life i had heaps of 360 games and only about ten ps3 ones slowy that changed till now i have 100 ps3 games and the 360 as only increased to 70 games and the gap is widening.

@mjk45:  I could really end this gen without ever buying a 360, but I did decide earlier this year to get one.  When the rumor first came out about the 360S, I said hell if it does come out Ill get it. 

I rarely play anything but RPGs on consoles and almost never play a game on the console that I can play on the PC.  So games like ME/ME2, any shooters, etc Ive played on my PC.  So really, the 360 (like my Wii shortly) will really only be playing RPGs.  

How does the USB extrenal drives work on the Xboxs anyway?  What all can you store on the drive? Games or installed games maybe or is that out of bounds?  I do have an old Xbox drive here (that works) are they compatible with the new boxes at all?

I might come off as a Sony fan (which is true) but at the end of the day I am much more of a PC first gamer.