By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@Robo , Ssenkah,

have you guys hooked up with each other yet  on FF14 please do even if its only for a few hours before Robo goes on holiday so i can hear your feedback.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@mjk45, i played final fantasy 14:online alittle today. it was a good experience in the short time i did play it, only played for about 4hrs.  for me thats a short time, i usually play for 9hrs straight or longer on ff11:online. anyways, after i get back from my vacation will try out everquest 2 with my wife. off-topic i forgot to tell u that my wife michelle is having triplets , they are due in oct.  

is the dawn of war games worth my money and time  ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@mjk45, folklore is a game more should have experienced and i hope very much that sony gives it another shot with the move, i would buy 2 starter packs of move if that ever happened. would u buy move if sony did that ?

@Robo: I could see the uses for move in Folklore, most definitely.  My thing on Motion control accessories is this:  They need to GIVE ME a reason to buy them.  Updating old games with support is not enough for me.   As of right now Im not to interested in motion controls, but that could easily change as they ramp up exclusive motion control gaming support.

Triplets?  Good luck buddy, good luck :)

As for FF14: Look out for me.  Im on Jecht server and the characters name is: Project Xenocide

@ssen, thanks man i apprecaite it. :)

i understand what u are saying about motion  controls , i am getting kinect when is launches though.

i certainly will pal.

Around the Network

@Robo: I have no doubt I will have them both eventually, I just wont jump on the bandwagon until Sony or MS gives me a reason to do so.  

Im actually more inclined to get Kinect right now as it stands.  Have a few 360 games ready for me to get my 360S (when the arcades are released) and 50 bucks off to get it as part of a bundle might end up pushing me over.  

Hell, Ill probably get move the day Sorcery gets released.  Move Exclusive Sony, Move Exclusive!

@Robo , CRASH sound of jaw dropping triplets ! , good luck my friend , and to thinlk i was having fun with the sextuplets , but seriously to you and Michelle  take care and have a wonderful birth by the way does the fact that your wife is having triplets instead of twins impact at all on your trip ie length of flight

@Robo , i will gift the Dawn of war series to you when you come back from holidays  i liked it better than halo  wars  it is one of the highest rated games of the genre

@mjk45, thanks very much for the kind words my friend , u are without question one of the nicest ppl i have met on this site or any site period and i consider u a good friend as well.  i will certainly share your thoughts with my wife, yes it has shorten the trip by a few days. its ok though since her family is coming here in late sept for the birth of our children. 

thanks for wanting to gift those games too me, its apprecaited. 

i was thinking of getting monster hunter frontier for the 360, when i go on my vacation. what do u think and do u know of any new rpg releases in japan while i am there by chance ?

@ssen, are u gonna get ff14:online on the pc as well as the ps3 like i am ?

@Robo: Thats an interesting question actually :)  I do not see any reasons why I wont get it on the PC, the PS3 version is the question tho. 

WoW: Cataclysm "should" be out in January and Im very excited for it :)  It is very possible that WoW will take over my MMO needs.  I have no problem admitting how much I love that game (almost to the point of obsession)

I am hoping, however, that I can get my friends who I play WoW with to play FF14.  There are 7 of us here in NC, 2 of my friends in Germany and 3 Wash, DC that play WoW.  Some of them used to play Lineage 2 in a guild named Stygian (thats actually how I got into FF14 beta, we have a guild website and stuff for Lineage 2 and WoW)  Would be an awesome start if they all came over to play FF14 too.  A hardcore group of very good players is one awesome thing to behold in an MMO.

For your three kids, I would suggest dressing one of them in Green, one in Blue and one in Red :)  No need to start a flame war at home :)

As far as RPGs go:  Lets see (on PS3) Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori (basically Rorona 2), WKC 2 and Ar Tonelico 3?  We know all of them are coming west, except for Totori (we dont know it yet)

@Mjk45:  Dawn of War = Relic = Homeworld.  I love everything that studio has done.  Dawn of War is a great RTS series.