By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

Unfortunately im not a big reader. However, I would greatly appreciate a Suikoden 3 manga ; ).

Around the Network

@ssen, persona 3 portable where are u in the game ?

are u getting fable 3 when its launches in oct as well ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Yay Quote alerts are back so its quoting time!

P3P?  I have beaten the game using a female protagonist and am currently in June playing through again as a male.  Yea I love this game that much :)  Im really hoping they bring Persona 4 over to the PSP as well.  The games are perfectly suited on a portable platform.  Im still hoping they will FINALLY release info on a new Persona title.

I enjoyed Fable 1 but I just could not get into Fable 2, let alone the fact that I have a big problem with Peter Molyneux.  That man gives more hollow promises than any US politician in the history of this country.  All that said, if it was only on the 360 (even tho I have one) I would say no.  But since I can play it on my computer (and I bet it will sport some awesome mods) yes I will be playing it on the PC.

Its like NWN2.  I hate that game, but I still bought it for the mods (which are awesome)

Ssenkahdavic said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

P3P?  I have beaten the game using a female protagonist and am currently in June playing through again as a male.  Yea I love this game that much :)  Im really hoping they bring Persona 4 over to the PSP as well.  The games are perfectly suited on a portable platform.  Im still hoping they will FINALLY release info on a new Persona title.

I enjoyed Fable 1 but I just could not get into Fable 2, let alone the fact that I have a big problem with Peter Molyneux.  That man gives more hollow promises than any US politician in the history of this country.  All that said, if it was only on the 360 (even tho I have one) I would say no.  But since I can play it on my computer (and I bet it will sport some awesome mods) yes I will be playing it on the PC.

Its like NWN2.  I hate that game, but I still bought it for the mods (which are awesome)

LOL, your right, hes worst than any politician. Plus, his game arent anything formidable. Though, Ill still play it when there will not be any other RPG to play. It would be time they announce a new Persona, actually it would be time they announce any nice jRPG sequel for home consoles... I miss PS2 : (. I would accept less graphic on a solid jRPG anytime.

Icyedge said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

LOL, your right, hes worst than any politician. Plus, his game arent anything formidable. Though, Ill still play it when there will not be any other RPG to play. It would be time they announce a new Persona, actually it would be time they announce any nice jRPG sequel for home consoles... I miss PS2 : (. I would accept less graphic on a solid jRPG anytime.

Persona 1 did well (at least Atlus said it met their projections) so perhaps we will get Persona 2 portable?  Id love it (add Eternal Sin there as well, the one that never made it west)  Ive played a fansub of what I will call Persona 2B  and I enjoyed it.

Around the Network

i love the fable series very much, and i already have my copy of fable 3 paid off.  i know alot of ppl dont like its creater peter, but i like him and every game he has made so far.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Ssenkah ,regarding suikoden 5 , i could never get past the fact that ,your dad is a great warrior /hero  and your mum is the queen and there is a plot to overthrow them they uncover it and what do they do they sit there and do nothing ,don't prepare a trap don't move anybody to safety what a crock of shit.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

@Ssenkah ,regarding suikoden 5 , i could never get past the fact that ,your dad is a great warrior /hero  and your mum is the queen and there is a plot to overthrow them they uncover it and what do they do they sit there and do nothing ,don't prepare a trap don't move anybody to safety what a crock of shit.

Why I said Suikoden 2 and 3 had a better story :)  The entire thing between the Godwins, Royal Family and the Barows was just bad.  You are right, they did nothing to stop any of what happened.  Hell, your father was bad ass by himself, let alone George who was even more bad ass, and you let a bunch of crappy assasins (that they knew where coming that night) take over?  Bah, I still enjoyed the game but man I hope something was lost in translation cause that was kinda bad.

I still rate them as: Suikoden 3 > Suikoden 2 > Suikoden 1 > Suikoden 5 > Suikoden 4.

@Robo . i noticed apart from halo wars you weren't big on the genre , Age of Empires 2 :Age of Kings is a good one , or if you like Warhammer 40000 then the Dawn of War series is great  but if  a more squad based game play with out the base building / rushing seems more your style  Dawn of War 2 could be your game and lastly World in Conflict

I'm really glad i got folklore, even though i was late to the party i had played the demo and i was always going to get it ,i missed it early then the copy's dried up and it seemed to be a keeper for most people that bought it as there wasn't much in the way of used games , but i eventually got one locally and i knew i would like it, it implements the six-axis better than any PS3 to date and  now that  probably means ever and i purchased all the extra quests as well.