By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@lestatdark, did u like the battle system from legend of dragoon and if so, did u come close to getting a perfect like i did. it took awhile to get to that point though, i loved it alot because u had to pay attention during a fight instead of just pushing a button and repeat.

I loved the battle system in Legend of Dragoon, it was one of my favourites in the PSX era. I never mastered it though, it was very complicated.

Recently I bought DQ IX and I'm loving it. It's becoming one of my favourite DQ's of all time.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@Lestat ,  is there a  favourite thing about DQ IX that makes you rate it so highly.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

@Lestat ,  is there a  favourite thing about DQ IX that makes you rate it so highly.

There's a lot of things actually. I'm loving the new enhanced interface (separating weapons and items to their own window is superb), character customization even in clothing (you can have clothes sets of previous characters from previous Dragon Quest games), the vocation system is like a very souped up job system from FFV (which was my favourite) and the story is being amazing so far in the game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@mjk45, my specs for my pc are : quad core cpu, 4 gig ddr3 ram, 2 1 terabyte hdd's,blu-ray drive,32 inch hd monitor,1 gig ati gpu, windows 7 os, a sleek green case with liquid cooling system.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Robo: Nice comp.  You should game on it more :)

Around the Network

@ssen, i mainly got it for ff14:online and crysis 2.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Robo: Made my character today in FF14.  On the server Jecht

RPG.... one of my favorite genres <3 I just don't like most JRPG's, some are good though to me personally.

I recommend Fallout 1-3

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

@Robo,sounds nice ,did you think about going with a crossfire /sli set up at all.  i have decided to upgrade mine  to ( the old mobo a M2N32 sli deluxe  although still going great with a dual core E8400 running OCed at 3.6 ghz , 4, 300gb   raptors in raid 0 and 1tb Portable hd  and dual  OCed 9800 gtx   but its becoming a dead end) to a  GIGaByte GA- EX58-EXTREME MOBO that runs both  3 way sli and crossfire set ups and 2x  XFX GTX295's and  i will keep the  300 gb raptors but haven't decided on the cpu yet would like the core i7-965 but it is to expensive any suggestions for a cpu .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

look at the beauty that just arrived in the post a couple of minutes ago:

It's the RPG I've been wanting to play for years and I found a copy on Amazon for £21!