By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

The guys at GAME thats the name of the store i get most of my games from have been asking if they could copy my  DC games collection so i took in my ninety games  , the guys there hardly got any work done  as they started putting the games on the counter to look at them, customers would come in and soon  there was 15 people milling about all talking about the Dreamcast or what ever game the guys had got out of the box , it was pleasing to see that the Dreamcast is still remembered fondly.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Hey guys I've been wanting to get an MMO RPG for my PC, but I'm completely ignorant as to which one to get, I already decided to get Final Fantasy XIV on the PS3 so that's out of the question.

What can you guys tell me about a game called Fate  I'm thinking about checking it out.

@maxxpower , there are quite a  few  if you have Steam i would look there , you said you had ordered FF14  if you want to you can get FF11 ultimate for $9.99 on Steam or my recommendation  Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2  first one $29.99 the second one $39.99 but you don't have to pay a monthly fee with them and they're pretty good also you might like to look at everquest 1 or  2

@ssen, congrats. i got into the beta as well. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

@Robo: Have you played any?  If so, where?  We should definitely play a bit together sometime (once it is back up on saturday)

@Ssenkah ,for real i know that part of a betas job is load testing but you would think after all this time with countless betas and real world testing that's been done on countless online games plus there experience with FF11 this shouldn't have happened especially the fact that being a beta means you can control the numbers maybe it was done deliberately to see the impact of server overload ,because the excuse of to many people on to few servers is crap considering its  by invite and they would know the maximum from the beginning ,if not some one stuffed up ,and then all those lines just to say server overload.

I'm interested in company's like atlus and the server situation of demons souls where the online is tied to the game but not the revenue ,would they get tax breaks on band width  use and/or hardware depreciation or would they lease the server space from another company and write it off that way.

@ssen, havent played it yet, will when its back up and running , then i will let u know my friend.

right now just playing my handhelds and trying to dwindle my backlog of games. before i go mmorpg again

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Robo: Awesome, I will try and get in tomorrow and Ill post here if I do.  And I agree.  Still working on P3P, FF 9 and Trinity Universe here.

@Mjk45: You would think.  Oh well, I just hope I can get in tomorrow.  Looking forward to playing with FFXIV