By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@Robo ,have you tried steam yet or did you get it retail, by the way my games offer still stands anytime.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

who thinks lucasarts should release a kotor collection for ps3 360 with updated graphics, achievements and so on. Like sony with Sly Cooper and God of War. i would by it as it is one of my fav rpg Series possible with the release of The old Republic.

Star-Wars-Josh9 said:

who thinks lucasarts should release a kotor collection for ps3 360 with updated graphics, achievements and so on. Like sony with Sly Cooper and God of War. i would by it as it is one of my fav rpg Series possible with the release of The old Republic.

Not a bad idea, tho if this did happen I could see it as 360 only.  They would not want to put the effort into having to port it over to the PS3, when doing an HD upgrade for the 360 would be much easier (besides, they have not had these yet, might be a cool idea and they were on the Xbox not the Ps2)

@mjk45, havent tried steam yet. will try it out as soon as my new pc arrives, should be here tomorrow.

what does everyone think about atlus supporting the online for demons souls untill early next year ? happy that they are going to keep it running till  then or sad that it isnt going to run after that period ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Robo: Honestly, I am suprised it lasted this long.  Atlus is a very streamlined company with not a lot of fat to shed (unlike an Activision or SE, EA, etc).  With the online not providing them with any extra revenue (no downloadable content tied directly to it, like map packs, etc) I cannot see them being able to afford it for long.  I am just glad it lasted as long as it did and hopefully this means it did well enough that a sequel is coming (tho that is more for Sony than anyone else to decide)

Any word on how long Bamco will support the EU online?

Around the Network

I .have the asian version any idea who runs the servers for that, @robo ,is it a desktop pc ? 

@Star-Wars- josh9  richmond ! no its, COME ON THE BLUES ,i will cut you a bit of slack for Reiwoldt after all he like me is a Tasmanian.

@ssen, not sure. but i will check for u ok

i forgot to tell u that i paid off my pc version of ff14:online today. now i got the pc and ps3 versions all paid off, today costed me double, my wife wanted a copy their went almost $200. cause i pre-ordered the collector's version.

@mjk45, yes its a desktop i hate laptop pc's.  

@Robo:  I got into the FF XIV beta today too :)  Problem is, the game went down YESTERDAY but will hopefully be back online soon :

"We would like to take this opportunity to provide an explanation on why we had to cut the FINAL FANTASY Beta Test short on July 21, and the plans we have prepared for the next Beta Test.

During this recent test, the processing of each world was going smoothly. However, due to the increase in the number of testers, the process that is associated with all worlds experienced heavy loads. As a result, the heavy load caused issues during the login and area change processes.

We are happy to announce that we now have a rough idea of what is causing these issues and we are currently in the process of making the proper adjustments on the server structure, along with performing internal stress tests. Our current plans are to have the test prepared after July 24. 

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused on the testers and thank you for your continuous support in this matter."

@Robo ,same here  i used to put PC's together part time for a friend who runs a   PC gaming place /PC store until demand became to much to do it and look after mum at the same time,so i construct /upgrade my own been thinking of doing it again but in no hurry  ,what are your new beasts specs.