By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@lestatdark, welcome. the one thing i think risen has a ton of which oblivion didnt have any of is humor.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Since replaying D2 i have re install some of my older  pc games started with Titans quest/immortal throne then ,arcanum ,Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines,Planescape torment and anachronox

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@Robo after hearing about risen i checked it out and found its creators are the makers of  the Gothic series and now that you are getting back into PC games you might like to  look up Gothic 3  i think you would like it the gothic games have always been popular in europe

@mjk45, ok will check them out, never played any of them before.

@thread any recommendations for Robo in the way of Pc games

Around the Network

What PC RPG's have you play/completed Robo?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@Mjk45/Robo: If you have not: Play Homeworld (1/expansion/2), the WItcher, any Heroes of Might and Magic game, any/all Civ games, Sacrifice, ill stop it there, but there are tons more.

@lestatdark, i have completed morrowind,oblivion,final fantasy 11 :online,risen,sacred 2:fallen angel,final fantasy 7 and 8 on the pc.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@lestatdark, i have completed morrowind,oblivion,final fantasy 11 :online,risen,sacred 2:fallen angel,final fantasy 7 and 8 on the pc.

My initial suggestion would be both Diablo and Diablo 2 with their respective expansion packs

But for a more expansive list, here's a few of my favourites:

- Planescape Torment
- Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
- Icewind Dale
- Titan's Quest
- Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 
- Fallout 1 and 2
- Odium
- Syndicate
- System Shock 2
- Deus Ex

As for non-RPG games, a couple of my favourites are:

- 4D Stunts Racing
- Age of Empires 1 and 2
- Age of Mythologies
- Theme Hospital
- Warcraft III ROF and TFT
- Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2
- Settlers 2
- MDK
- Escape Velocity Nova
- Freespace 2
- Radix
- Tyrian 2000
- Descent 1 and 2
- Duke3D
- Doom 1 and 2

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, i have beaten doom 1,doom 2 and doom 3,wolfenstein 3d,unreal 1 and 2,quake 1 - 4,shivers,myst,riven,myst 3,leisure suit larry 1 - 7 and box office bust,condemned :criminal origins,bioshock on the pc for non-rpgs.