By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

mjk45 said:

@Robo ,you mentioned that you got Titan Quest was it the Gold edition that includes immortal throne or was it just Titans quest , the reason I'm asking is if you haven't got the Immortal throne expansion get it quick as it enlarges your inventory and adds auto sort  to it as well as other fixes,plus you also get another area that i won't name it really makes the game better from the very start.

And it also adds the artifacts, which are the best addition (to me) in Immortal Throne. They can really make or break a class.

Did you finish the Immortal Throne scenario in Legendary and got the Skeleton Key? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@mjk45, it was just the regular version of titan quest.

@lestatdark, it has better graphics , but everything else is the same as the 360 version. i completed the 360 last week, and put over 65 hrs into it and enjoyed every second of it. i think u should give it a try :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@mjk45, it was just the regular version of titan quest.

@lestatdark, it has better graphics , but everything else is the same as the 360 version. i completed the 360 last week, and put over 65 hrs into it and enjoyed every second of it. i think u should give it a try :)

I haven't played the 360 version, but I've been told it plays a lot like Oblivion, is it true? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@Robo ,this might sound stupid but i know nothing about risen except for the fact that the name rings a bell that's it, tell me about it, by the way i really would get immortal throne before embarking on Titans quest as it just doesn't lengthen the campaign it enhances the whole game right from the start ,i originally played titans quest for about 5hours then loaded in immortal throne and started again  and it made a world of difference.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@Lestat , only  played  epic, i can't remember much just  the "imperator" and the hidden passage  even though i didn't play legendary  one tends to hear about good stuff  and i can't remember any mention of a skeleton key what does it do or unlock, by the way the head designer and most of the staff from iron lore have a new studio called crate entertainment ,they have a game called black legion and are looking at funding  arrangemements while that s happening  they are working on a smaller online purchase game funded by selling preorders for it at the very beggining stage of development i preordered the the special edition that gets my name in the credits and some special gear

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

@Lestat , only  played  epic, i can't remember much just  the "imperator" and the hidden passage  even though i didn't play legendary  one tends to hear about good stuff  and i can't remember any mention of a skeleton key what does it do or unlock, by the way the head designer and most of the staff from iron lore have a new studio called crate entertainment ,they have a game called black legion and are looking at funding  arrangemements while that s happening  they are working on a smaller online purchase game funded by selling preorders for it at the very beggining stage of development i preordered the the special edition that gets my name in the credits and some special gear

Actually, I got the name wrong, sorry. It's called the Overlord Key. 

It was randomly dropped (with a low %) when you beat the final boss of Immortal Throne on Epic difficulty and above. The key would open a door in the beginning of the Immortal Throne act, in Coastal Asomata. That door is guarded by a Guardian and leads to Medea's Grove, which has lots of enemies but also has the best gear drop % available for that difficulty.

Current PC Build

@lestatdark and @mjk45, risen is like oblivion. its open world, has a ton of quests,u can choose to be with 2 different sides in the game after a bit, the don's side and the church faction of the order. u can farm ingredients to make weapons,food and such,u can even be with a hooker if u wana, their isnt a town except for the port of the island, but their is small camps,ruins,dungeons,castles,swamps to explore. u will have to block alot more in the game than u did in oblivion, also if u do a quest near the end u can get a full body armor that is the best in the game, the final boss has a pattern u have to figure out, its not tough but u have to pay attention. when u talk to ppl u have choices as to what too ask them and so on. when u wana make weapons make sure to increase your mining trait, their is a ton of traits u can learn in the game and if u do everything in the game will take u over 50 hrs i think, your character will be truly powerful and cool looking if u get everything the game has to offer u. 

if u wana know anything else let me know.

@Thread:  I was a little disappointed at NISA meeting that we got no formal date for Neptune here in America.  Was also a bit put out that Ar Tonelico 3 is coming in Q2 next year (at least it is coming tho).  

Also a new Disgaea game! (tho who knows when we will get a translated version).  I do like that NIS is making a commitment to increasing the quality of their games by decreasing the quantity.  

@ssen, a new disgaea game is always welcome but hopefully its in 3d , the series needs a reboot i think.

@Robo

Thanks for the info. Risen being inspired on Oblivion gives me enough incentive to try it out. I'm going to try and find a PC copy

Current PC Build