By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

I actually enjoyed it i purchased it off steam  and really enjoyed  it so i also got the ps3 version but didn't like the controls so didn't play it much compared to the PC version, Fallout 2 is my favourite though and i was disappointed how Bethesda dissed it, not so much by them saying they where modeling the game more after the first fallout because they felt the second one broke the fourth wall to much (actually that kind of humour is exactly why i liked the second one)but because they then went  on to dismiss it altogether like it had the clap.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@ Robo,Ssenkah , that was the hard thing about Bethesda doing fallout it split the audience into the ones who bought it expecting another oblivion and the others who bought it expecting Fallout 3 like 1 and 2 but with today's tech then there where the few who played it with an open mind, so you got people saying things like oblivion with guns and people saying its not oblivion enough, as to obsidian i have come to the conclusion that having enjoyed KOTOR 2 as much as the first may be more  even with the rushed ending there niche remains continuing other peoples work and of course it will be similar to fallout 3  what else could it be.

Your favourite D2 character mine,is the barb what about you guys and do you  use online  a certain character /style that you might not in sp ,by the way i upgraded from1.07 to 1.13,i have win7 and was getting this program as issues message but it played fine until i updated now it seems fine but two things I've noticed one is the main character moves a lot quicker now and secondly  at inexplicable times the cross denoting the rogue follower suddenly dissapears from the map and the rogues program to follow the main character becomes broken and the only way to fix it is to teleport back to camp

@mjk45:  It is funny.  My best friend LOVES Fallout 3.  It is by far his favorite game this gen.  He never played Fallout 1/2 (like I did) nor did he love Oblivion (like Robo did) tho he did play it.   He even leans towards JRPGs over WRPGs (a big anime fan like I am) just like I do.  You ended up being absolutely correct here.  My close ties to Fallout 1/2 leads to me wanting Fallout 3 to be an updated version of the two.  It is not that I had no fun with the game, I just did not really like it that much.  Tho I do agree with you, it is much better on the PC than it was on the PS3.  Good god I hated the controls (where another WRPG like DragonAge I thought was better on the PS3 than the PC)

I loved me some KOTOR 2.  At the end of the day I think I enjoyed it more than the first game.  That said, I HATED NWN:2 (without mods), but I enjoyed the hell out of NWN:1 (even the boring beginning I found fun).  Obsidian is very hit and miss and they do seem like the company that does for others what they do not want to do for themselves.

@Ssenkah,  I agree  with you on KOTOR 2 so i changed my other post to better reflect that , what was your thoughts on,the mask of the betrayer i thought it was a really good expansion then again i quite liked  NWN2. also what is your favourite diablo style game besides the big cheese its self mine is Titans Quest with the  immortal throne expansion.

Around the Network

@mjk45, the best diablo clone i have ever played was : sacred 2 fallen angel, i love that game. i own it on both the 360 and the ps3.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

has anyone beaten all the monster hunter games on the psp , besides me ?

@Robo ,no i haven"t just the freedom unite one, by the way have you played titans quest with the immortal throne expansion if not you can get it real cheap off steam 

@mjk45, no i havent played titan quest before, but i did look at it before and it looked interesting. never used steam before, will think about it.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@mjk45, no i havent played titan quest before, but i did look at it before and it looked interesting. never used steam before, will think about it.

I think you would like it for a start if you wipe all the games off your HD the next time you use steam they are still there ready to redownload  as often as you need, lots of rpg's heres a few they would be even cheaper in the states Oblivion :game of the year edition $19.99 ,sacred 2 $29.99, jade empire special ed $,14,99 , Dark Messiah M&M $9.99 and also console rpg's like last remnent ,dragon age, mass affect etc and plenty of Action ,FPS, adventure games as well