By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@ROBO ,yep a lot on that list where first time plays,

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

just got a 12 month PlayStation plus subscription,  69 Australian  dollars as compared to when i resubscribed my  live gold sub at a cost of $109 on live  itself , all though if you hunt around now and get a card some retailers have it at  $89

of all the free offers I downloaded wipeout hd and KZ steel and titanium pack , didn't DL LBP as i own it ,might look at some of the minis and other stuff later it would have been nice if they had given us who allready have one or the other a choice of PS3 or PSP versions of lbp 

@mjk45: So it is LBP PS3 version only?  Oh well.  Im still on the ropes about whether to get it or not.  I will probably do so, just for the auto timed updates (That feature is awesome).

Question for you all.

Anyone else sit in front of their computers while they are playing games (not on the computer)?  I have set my gaming room up perfectly where my 24' monitor sits just offset from my HDTV (which is hung on the wall).  

From the exact position I sit, both my monitor and my tv are completely viewable, with the lower and closer monitor not obstructing the view of my TV.  Basically, I will sit here whenever I am playing either my handhelds or my PS3, with both completely in the field of view.

Hell, sometimes when a sporting event is on, I will hook my PS3 up to my computer monitor so I can watch my TV and play at the same time :)

@ssenkahdavic, i do.

my gaming setup is : i have 3 42 inch hdtv's in our gaming room. 1 tv for each our main systems, 1 hdtv for the 360 and 2 hdtv's for me and my wife's ps3's. we have 2 laptop pc's near our consoles, and like u  they are in perfect viewable range.

right now on our non gaming hdtv, i have the redsox's game on. and currently playing ff8 on my psp, while my wife plays alan wake on the 360.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

my desktop  computer its connected to a 37" acer hd tv through the acers dvi connection and sits on top of  a computer desk ,my 36o sits under the computer in the space where a pc monitor would normaly go and next to it is a 1tb portable hd connected to the comp next to that is the  desks built in cd rack that full of music cd's then theres the slide out with the keybord and mouse under that i have two shelves full of PS3 games 36 to each shelf and in the space where a pc would normal sit i have some of my pc games the thinner boxed ones stacked 3 deep and 25 to a stack. nearby at 90 degrees to the comp desk is the acer tv it sits on an open tublar steel table with the ps3 sitting in the underneath shelf along with the wii, all consoles except the wii are wired to my wireless modem next along side the tv is a large entertainment unit it holds my ps2 ps1 and dc they take turns being connected through a multi plug tv cable and all my ps1 ps2 games are there aswell  along the next wall is a20 ft long wall to ceiling book shelf that holds all my anime ,games and books  so thats a tour of the garage that is also my games room /bedroom almost  forgot that most important of things the lazy boy

@Robo , imagine what it's gonna be like when the sextuplets arrive youll need at least six PS3's same number of 360's half a dozen hd tv's and the kids will all want them to be 3D and real big ,42" wont be good enough for them and i haven't even mentioned the handhelds,mobile phones pc's etc so my advise is get back to work quick.

I have a TV in my room and the PC is in the living room.

Sucks. 

Not to mention my dad's room is just beside mine so I can't play at night (I do stay on PC late in night though).

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I have both my 19" HDTV and Laptop on my college dorm. All my consoles (PS3, X360, Wii and Saturn) are set up to the surround system which also has an output for the Laptop optical port. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@mjk45, 6 kids, nope. we are having 2 kids, twins. thats enough at one point  :)

my entire gaming collection is 7 shelves full, 5 ft high and 3 feet wide and they all are locked up every night. so when the kids are old enough, the games will be protected . :)

also i have been back at work since jan, been working at home. i'm still debating wether to trade mark a name for the company i wana start at some point this year. only because i am not sure if the name is just right. 

what psp game would u recommend i try, that i havent talked about with u before or that isnt in my colletion on this site ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1