By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@ mkj45L If you are talking about Summoner 2 (no other words) on the PS2 it is absolutely awesome.  That is one of my favorite games on the PS2.  It has some great characters (main and otherwise), some great locals, pretty decent enemy AI as well as some awesomely scripted boss fights.  It is higher quality than most hacknslash RPG games.

Around the Network

@Ssenka ,  thats the one with you as the  Queen of Halassar - Laharah the goddess reborn , It is to me  that rarest of beasts a WJRPG as it combined both styles superbly.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45 , i liked summoner 2 on the ps2. i know i am in the minority here, but i also liked summoner 1 as well. the whole aspect of the games were interesting and the combat was fun, a series i thought if given more time and effort could have been something popular.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@ROBO,

I agree with you, but think there are more like us than we imagine.  It was  to me a combination of weight of expectation ( it was hyped as the PS2's first great WRPG in some quarters )  and bad  pop up  that hurt the first game,  along with it being very PC in look and nature,All said and done it was underneath everything a very good game, but the second one even though it had a different style  was  better still  and should have been a best seller.

@mjk45, Robo:  I enjoyed Summoner 1 but Summoner 2 just improved on EVERYTHING imaginable.  From the large number enemy battles (Fighting those damn soldiers 50ish at a time) to those great boss fights (if you have played it, you know what Im talking about with the Queens servants boss fight), to hell everything.  

The Pirate Prince is still one of my favorite ally characters of all time.  

Around the Network

so know we have talked about Summoner what about megaman legends

mjk45 said:

maybe p3p gives us  some girl on girl action for son1 x,we can live in hope

Haha. I wouldn't mind that but I guess I'll bare with the male MC. I did it in 4, so why not here?

I'll just play as female on my second (if I get to it) playthrough.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

mjk45 said:

so know we have talked about Summoner what about megaman legends

Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 on the PS1.  Wow I have not played those games in a very long time.  Unfortunately, I do not remember to much about them (either because they were not wonderful or it was just that long ago).  Probably just because there were so many great PS1 RPGs to overshadow them.  Lesta is a big Mega Man RPG fan, so he probably knows more.

i never really played the mega man legends games much, so sorry @mjk45.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

They where simple rpg style  games but i found them a lot of fun and strangely addictive,with a great sense of humour