By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

i have to the best of my recollection, played just the 2 tales games tales of eternia on psp with it's linear motion battle system and tales of vesperia on the 360, are there any tales  games that are must plays or should i just wait till the next one comes our way

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Son1x said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Atelier Rorona will be out in the West in September! Yay!

ZOMG!! Do you have a link? :O
nvm found it. I hope thats for Europe too.

@lestat

lol. Going to Phantasia from ANY Tales game is the worst decision you can make. The combat is so outdated it makes it worse than France on this World Cup.

Damn that was harsh...

Pffft outdated you say? Most of the JRPGs released over the past decade would give their souls to have as good as a combat system that Phantasia had

And at least in Phantasia you actually had to think strategically to win battles even from the start of the game, not constantly button mashing

And what are you doing here? Go play Parasite Eve 2!!!

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

mjk45 said:

i have to the best of my recollection, played just the 2 tales games tales of eternia on psp with it's linear motion battle system and tales of vesperia on the 360, are there any tales  games that are must plays or should i just wait till the next one comes our way

Tales of Phantasia is the legendary Tales game

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, @mjk45 and @ ssenkahdavic, just wanted too tell u guys that i am leaving vgchartz.com after this weekend and wont be returning to it again.  i have decided to use my windows live blog and make it a rpg only blog, and then will work from that into a rpg site hopefully by early next year. i am sorry i didnt let u guys know sooner than today, i will try and be online alot this weekend , before i leave on sunday night.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Robo ,why not do that and still check in here

Around the Network

@mjk45, i was thinking of doing that, but i am tired of the bs with the fanboys and other little issues with the site.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@ Robo ,yes but you could still come to this thread

@robo

I think mjk45's suggestion is a pretty good one. I too just check a couple of threads only, I'm pretty fed up with a ton of bs that goes in here. Some days I don't even log on in here.

Current PC Build

@ Everyone:  Rather interesting but that is mostly what I do too.  For the most part you three (Lest, Robo and Mjk) are the only people I really associate with around here :)  Ill hit some threads from time to time, but none more than this one.   Its good to chat with a like minded folk.

Ssenkahdavic said:

@ Everyone:  Rather interesting but that is mostly what I do too.  For the most part you three (Lest, Robo and Mjk) are the only people I really associate with around here :)  Ill hit some threads from time to time, but none more than this one.   Its good to chat with a like minded folk.

I try to hit some other threads, like football ones, or individual games that I'm waiting for/excited for, but even then, the threads in this last category most times go up in flames. Can't have a decent discussion on VGC before someone comes to troll.

This has been one of the threads, if not the thread, which I have spent most of my time here on VGC, since I registered as a member in 2008

Current PC Build