By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@Lestat ,fair point

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Just got back from the game store ,damn http://palgn.com.au  i went shopping to pick up valkyrie chronicles 2 and atelier rorona because they where listed as being out on the 15th any way i picked up mgs peace walker and on special split/second velocity ,untold legends for psp that one was only $5 for both it and  NFS: high stakes on the ps1

Somethings  happening with 3rd birthday that fascinates me and that has to do with the difference between PE1 and PE2, in rpg circles there as been  a lot said over the years about PE2 and the disappointment it  caused by leaving behind the rpg styling and story of its predecessor and becoming a Resi clone, but now here comes 3rd birthday and all seems forgiven , its enough to make one think that 3rd birthday has returned to its PE1 roots when it is quiet clear that game play wise at least  it hasn't,  how much of this is down to us gamers seemingly never ending optimism  toward a new game of a dearly beloved franchise thats  been ressurected, or any new game we hold dear for that matter before we have tasted it in the flesh so to speak, and  if this is the case what would the reception(s) have been like if the roles where reversed and 3rd birthday had followed PE1 and PE2 was the up coming game.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

helo people , this a thread of rpg´s so i will ask you guys one question. how do you guy´s feel about the last final fantasy games , seriously ?

my favourite game of all time is ff7 , it´s a masterpiece , i play that game after ff10 and i never play a final fantasy again that i realy enjoy , for me ff13 was my biggest disapointment in one game. ff7 is the best game i play but i can´t support ff13  one of the worse games i play, is so boring linear , i think the story is so bad and the combat so lame .

do you guy´s think they will make a game like the final fantasy games old school for the fans ? or they continue making this bad and linear games because i think they are killing the franchise :( that i love.

btw do you guy´s recommend me some good jrpg´s games for ps3 !!!

ff13 is one ov th best games i have played i disagree. amzing story, best combat system I hve played, lovable chrcters. Its th game that makes me like FF agen, aftr FF9 I ws disappointd with ff10, 10-2 and 12. I dnt knw how it cn be one of th worst games any1 plays.

and expect anthr one like ff13 becaus ff13 is one ov th best selling FF's in th west.

but ff8 is still bettr than ff13 imo

U shud try dq8, persona games on ps2 aswell, they will work on ps3 and they are gud. othrwise on ps3 there is eternal sonata and tales game if u undrstand japanese.

@AkibaFan, the same could be said  to you of the millions of people who love FFX, it's just the way of the world , it also helps if you want to put your reason as to why you loved a certain game and can't understand why some people disagree, by telling them  specifically why it had the best characters game play etc rather than generalising .

Around the Network

Trust Atlus to be the one to shoot down roger ebert, with Rock of ages a game based on fine art  and turning said art into a game.

mjk45 said:

Trust Atlus to be the one to shoot down roger ebert, with Rock of ages a game based on fine art  and turning said art into a game.

In Atlus we trust.

Speaking of which, P3P was given a GLOWING review from Vgchratz.  Of this I am glad, since I will now officially own all 3 American versions of it when it is released in July :)

P4P is next up I betcha.

So what do you think of the answer, personaly i got bored with it half way in

just bought my green psp today and got a import copy of phantasy star portable 2.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@ Robo ,  a green PSP what model, mines a red  3000  got that  model because it's got video out  so i can run it through the tv if i want