By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@ mkj45: Dragon Force from the Saturn.  Love that game (still play it every now and again).  I cannot wait for DC games with HD graphics trophy support (I still wonder WHY Sony did not do atleast the trophies for PS1 games, cannot be that hard).  Hell, trophies could go along way to fixing some of the PSP problems as they are (give people more of a reason to play them) screw their complaint that "piracy" is the problem.  

@Robo: Id love a Skies with upgraded graphics trophies.  

@Sonlx: Completely forgot about NISA day (cannot wait!)  I also need Atlus to announce their SMT project that they have been working on the for PS3 (rumored of course) let us know more about Persona 5 (good chance it is going to be on the 3ds and if so they sold me on right there :)

Around the Network

@ssenkahdavic, i think a port of persona 4 could be the persona game they are bringing to the 3ds. i think persona 5 on the ps3 seems more likely unless they do 2 versions, one for the ps3 and 1 for the 3ds. what u think about it ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@ssenkahdavic, i think a port of persona 4 could be the persona game they are bringing to the 3ds. i think persona 5 on the ps3 seems more likely unless they do 2 versions, one for the ps3 and 1 for the 3ds. what u think about it ?

I think the 3ds one is a completely new one (side game or something?).  With P3P doing well I bet Persona 4P will come out on the PSP also. (why not, it was obviously EASY enough to bring a PS2 game in Persona 3 to the PSP, why not use what you already have to do the other)

Either way, I love Atlus and having them onboard = I will have a 3ds the DAY the first Atlus game ships :)

@Ssenkah , Sony's take on psp trophies not being done is that the psp is it's to easy to crack and artificially inflate your psp's Trophy numbers so it will stay PS3 only for the time being  so it looks like they had planned it but stopped when they saw how easy to rig it would be.

btw loved Dragon Force

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45: Yep, it would have helped sales tho.  id betcha :)  Way to late now tho.  Give us PS1 classic trophies tho!  It could be done (retroactively too if they really wanted too.  Have file check your saved data, find the proper info and go from there)  Wont happen either but I can dream right?

Around the Network

@Ssenkah ,whether it would or wouldn't have increase sales is debatable as there is no hard data  for or against but my intuition says that most bonus features stay just that and may influence a tiny % of buyers if at all most people buy consoles on general terms like price , what their peeps say then games ,we my friend and by we i mean the informed are out weighed unfortunately by the great unwashed so we dream

My thoughts on an Atlus game suited to 3DS would probably be an old style SMT game with it's  first person perspective

@mjk45: I could see that working well for them.  Didnt they say a SMT: Persona game and a SMT game?  Id have to think the Persona game is not a remake (or even Persona 5) but a new game based on the uses of a Persona.

The regular SMT game is either something brand new or following in the footsteps of the DS games.

People say Sony should buy Level 5, if there had to be a choice i would want them to buy Atlus first, but being the  dirty greedy sod i am Sony should bed them both

@mjk45:  Yep, buy NIS while you are at it (could get them pretty cheap these days).  They wont do this of course but Dream a little Dream of ______

You said Level 5....where is my DARK CLOUD 3?!?!?!  And My Rogue Galaxy 2?!?!?  WKC is great and all (well good and all) but I need mroe!