By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@maxxpower, didnt know about that either, nice find.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Actually the name of the anime in English is Dragon Quest: Dai's Great Adventure, apparently Fly was only his name in Europe and Latin America.

@Ssenkah as i have said before Sony has basically made the PSP there  main rpg platform due to the cost to revenue earned ratio making rpg's on PS3 unattractive,and MS seemed to have gone quiet since pumping money in to the genre ( mainly to make inroads in japan and win over some Sony rpg gamers else where )probably for the same reason unless there is major inroads into development cost cutting and the creation of a cheap reliable middleware in this and the next generation, the rpg main stronghold it seems will be the 3DS ,PSP and the Wii.

just got another copy of Shadow Hearts Covenant , my collection looked empty with out it , as my last copy was lent to a friend who scratched it

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45:  That is definitely the way it is looking.  I just know the creators of Wild Arms has that PS3 project in the works as well as some of those others that are out in Japan (and have yet to come this way, tho they are supposed too).  We know Rorona and Tonelico are being sent west, we just do not have release dates yet.  Neptune was hinted at a western release and I was hoping they might use E3 as a place to say "yes it is".  Oh well.

As for Sony.  Im surprised they have not tried harder on RPGs with the first party.  They sell well in Japan (especially ones from big name studios) and the might of a Sony made name might help them out in the west as well.  This goes for both the PS3 and the PSP.  They really need to drop the price of the PSP to get it selling again (especially in America).  I just want more RPGs :)

@Ssenkah, agreed , its all eyes toward TGS i thought E3would pan out like this ,Ninty stung by 2 years of lackluster showings ,focus on 3DS and bring out the old guard and kill two birds with one stone those calling out for Kirby ,Starfox etc and criticising Nintys lack of sating there desire, and group two who want  good  games at the beginning and  are looked after by getting familiar but at the same time fresh games to introduce the new console.

Meanwhile Sony is focused on Move and the usual suspects GT5 KZ3 ,same with Ms and their  focus on theKinetic  and Reach/Gears

Around the Network

Ssenk, about Gust games, you'll get them on NISA Event that takes place on July 15. They pretty much spoiled AT III will be there.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

@son1x, oh ok. forgot about that, thanks for the reminder.

Two things i would like to see from Sega ,  one is a new Panzer Dragoon Saga game the second thing , said game and other classic Saturn games rebooted for  PSN/LIVE if it's profitable for Sony and DC games are coming onboard why not

@mjk45, i would like sequel to skies of arcadia more though. 

@ Robo , Skies is a  very good rpg  but Saga is an all time classic, plus we will most likely see Skies on PSN/LIVE as Sega expand the number of games being given hd upscaling and trophy support after crazy taxi and the other named games make there debute so i want Sega to go further and give us Saturn classics just like PS classics