By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

I don't believe sony is going to release the psp2 anytime soon.  They are just starting to profit with the ps3 and judging by sony's past efforts it would take a lot of money to produce a successor to the psp on the scale that they would like it to be on. 

Their tagline for the psp when it was released was that it made the home console experience mobile since it's graphics was comparable to their home console (ps2) at the time.  Imagine how much it would cost to make a system that has graphics comparable to their ps3 system and I'm sure sony would like to implement some form of 3d, motion control, and introduce some new media format to play games on like they usually do with their systems dvd, umd, blu ray, etc. 

I don't think we are going to see a psp2 until late 2012 at the earliest.

Around the Network

I ,know guys i was being facetious.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@Ssenkah is cdma still around ours closed down when 3g came onboard

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Portuguese DQIX site, it's amazing, it has so much info, I can barely see any difference from the NA/EU site

http://www.nintendo.pt/NOE/pt_PT/games/nds/dragon_quest_ix_sentinels_of_the_starry_skies_17296.html?&cID=377&lID=dragonquest&loc=ptPT

Also, S-E Virtual Booth is up too: http://na.square-enix.com/e310/index.html

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@ mjk45: 2 of the 3 major networks here in America use CDMA for 3G (Verizon and Sprint) while ATT uses GSM (one of the reasons they have exclusive Iphone rights).  Basically CDMA phones are useless (unswitchable) between partners.  This is why Im betting Sony waits for the new access codes for 4G.  It is looking like all 3 major companies will adopt the same access code for 4G, so that would be a perfect time for Sony to bring out its PSP2 (which I still believe will have the option of being a smart phone)

Around the Network

i was suprised sony didnt show anything for wkc 2 at all. guess they are waiting for tgs in sept.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Robo:  All their JRPG announcements are probably saved for TGS.  The thing I wanted the MOST out of E3 this year was a firm western release date for Ar Tonelico 3, Atelier Rorona and confirmation of the Neptune coming west rumor. 

I was hoping for (but probably get at TGS) news on a New PS3 Wild Arms and maybe a new First party RPG (Im suprised Sony has basically forsaken the genre)

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i was suprised sony didnt show anything for wkc 2 at all. guess they are waiting for tgs in sept.

Yup. I think Sony and Nintendo will have a heavy JRPG focused TGS this year. I don't know about Microsoft, but I really do hope that they show more new JRPGs from Mistwalker too

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Question: Have any of you ever watched the anime Dragon Quest the Adventures of Fly? I'm watching it in spanish right now, didn't know there was a Dragon Quest anime.

maxxpower said:

Question: Have any of you ever watched the anime Dragon Quest the Adventures of Fly? I'm watching it in spanish right now, didn't know there was a Dragon Quest anime.

Didn't knew there was a Dragon Quest anime. Will look into it, thanks

Current PC Build