By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

what is everyone's favorite character in a jrpg and a wrpg game this gen ?

jrpg : kaim ( lost odyssey )

wrpg : shepard ( mass effect 1 and 2 )

JRPG: Kaim. Probably also one of the best developed and emotion based characters ever conceived for a JRPG.

WRPG: Morrigan (Dragon Age: Origins). Everything about her is just amazing

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

favorite character in a jrpg and wrpg of all time ?

jrpg : squall ( final fantasy 8 )

wrpg : kotor ( forgot his damn name )

JRPG: Aya Brea. Her story, personality and evolution through the Parasite Eve series has been phenomenal. I just hope they go back to the PE roots with PE:3rd Birthday

WRPG: The Old One (Planescape Torment). The best character ever developed for a video game

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I think that only Nintendo conference is going to be the one unveiling new JRPG's.

I don't see Sony focusing on them too. 

Current PC Build

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

favorite character in a jrpg and wrpg of all time ?

jrpg : squall ( final fantasy 8 )

wrpg : kotor ( forgot his damn name )

This Gen:

jrpg: Ellen (Folklore)

wrpg: Allister (Dragon Age)

Overall?

jrpg: Hero: Ryudo: Grandia 2 (great one-liners)

Villian: Kefka (of course)

wrpg: HK-47  "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

Villian: Darth Malak. 

And you are thinking either Darth Revan (KOTOR 1) or The General (KOTOR 2)

lestatdark said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Im hoping for some Release date info on Ar Tonelico 3 and Atelier Rorona.  Maybe a hard confirm on Neptune coming west?  Maybe Atlus throwing out some info on Persona 5 (or the next SMT project, tho more likely for TGS)  

Longshots include info on maybe a new Wild Arms for PS3?  Suikoden 6?  Beyond Good and Evil 2?  The Legend of Dragoon 2? (yea right) Tho most of these are more likely for TGS.  

Im also looking forward to new info on Last Story and Xenoblade.  I have a Wii in anticipation for those 2, I just dont have any games for it :)

I would recommend Muramasa for the Wii, if you're a fan of Symphony of the Night or Super Metroid type of games  

Appreciate the info, but I will pass.  With the announcement today of the 360 arcade @ 149, Ill be getting one of those (plus)   LO and BD.  That plus all my stuff for the ps3 and my PSP will keep me busy enough.  Ill just stick with RPGs only on my other consoles for the time being.

...tried 4 times to put a (Plus) sign up above and it never showed up....

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
lestatdark said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Im hoping for some Release date info on Ar Tonelico 3 and Atelier Rorona.  Maybe a hard confirm on Neptune coming west?  Maybe Atlus throwing out some info on Persona 5 (or the next SMT project, tho more likely for TGS)  

Longshots include info on maybe a new Wild Arms for PS3?  Suikoden 6?  Beyond Good and Evil 2?  The Legend of Dragoon 2? (yea right) Tho most of these are more likely for TGS.  

Im also looking forward to new info on Last Story and Xenoblade.  I have a Wii in anticipation for those 2, I just dont have any games for it :)

I would recommend Muramasa for the Wii, if you're a fan of Symphony of the Night or Super Metroid type of games  

Appreciate the info, but I will pass.  With the announcement today of the 360 arcade @ 149, Ill be getting one of those (plus)   LO and BD.  That plus all my stuff for the ps3 and my PSP will keep me busy enough.  Ill just stick with RPGs only on my other consoles for the time being.

That's ok then  

I think that's a current bug in VGC 3.0. Plus signs don't appear both in threads and in walls.

Current PC Build

@ssenkahdavic, darth revan that's it thanks alot. i had a memory block on that damn name.

i am picking up 2 arcades for that price, for my family.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@ssenkahdavic, i also recommend getting magna carta 2 and risen as well. trust me on those :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

lestatdark said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
lestatdark said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

That's ok then  

I think that's a current bug in VGC 3.0. Plus signs don't appear both in threads and in walls.

Figured you all would approve :)  Some of these bugs in 3.0 are just silly.  Im tired of messages sometimes taking 2 days or more to be delivered (and I receive the apply another day or so later having it completely unreadable)

@Robo:  Oh I plan on MC2 definitely.  I have Risen on the PC.

Ssenkahdavic said:

Im hoping for some Release date info on Ar Tonelico 3 and Atelier Rorona.  Maybe a hard confirm on Neptune coming west? 

Ar tonelico III is pretty much confirmed for July 15th NISA event. They'll probably announce the localization.
As for Atelier Rorona, last year they said it would release sometime this year, I'm hoping for some news too.
And we can only hope for Neptune.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."