By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@ssenkahdavic, yeah i know how u feel about the series and i like it as well. hopefully suikoden 2 comes to psn at some point as well. i wonder if any 3rd party company will bring their ps2 rpg's to the ps3 in a collection like the gow one. i hope so, i wouldnt mind playing some with slightly better graphics and trophy support.

also of the 3 names i mentioned for my future linkshell in ff14 , which one did u like the most ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

@Robo: I like them!  1 of my friends received FFXIV alpha invites too!  A-holes!  It is probably because we have a semi-gaming website (From our Old Clan in Lineage 2 and World of Warcraft guild) and the site is his.  Ive signed up twice to get into either the PC or PS3 betas (the day invites opened for the PC and the day I got my copy of FF13)

I doubt anyone will do any RPG type collections (unless it is Level 5 or someone who's IPs are owned by Sony) or Square did it (just due to popularity)

@ssenkahdavic, oh ok. lucky sob.  :)

hmm, do u think namco might do it with the tales series perhaps ?

@Robo: Hmm, maybe.  With how well the GoW collection has done and how well I bet the Team ICO collection will do, its always possible.  Some easy money to be made that way.  I am still looking for them to release more copies of their games via an Amazon seller like Atlus has done.

@ssenkahdavic, oh, ok.

i wonder if disgaea 4 will be announced at e3 this year.

Around the Network

Question , because in FF13 the time allowance for  star ratings is influenced by your weapons power, does anyone know the power vs time ratio used , because what i'm getting at here is ,  if the damage dealt versus time given  ratio evens the time out depending on weapon stats, it should across the board be fairly even , but if the ratio favours lower powered weapons  v the time given , then is there a sweet spot of weapon power v time.

As for the PS2 games on psn my thoughts are sony will eventually do it ,but with the PS2 still selling and them making money off the hardware, it's a matter of when the PS2 hw declines enough for it to out weigh the HW sales benifits

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45: I do not know the absolute formula, however I do know that I killed Mark 64 (with a 5 star) and had all others 5 star'd up to that point when I had the 3 primary roles maxed out 2 of the side roles (for each character), 2 of my 3 characters had tier 2 weapons with 1 of them with the Ultimate (got really unlucky on Traps).  I had all others 5 star'd up to that point before I killed number 64.

Also, my buddy only did the exact missions needed to get the growth egg, maxed out all 6 roles for each character and had his main three with ultimate weapons before he started 5 starring missions.  He plat'd the game also, and told me he did not have any major problems.  Id have to surmise that the timelimit is pretty closely linked ratio wise with characters strength/magic stats.

Ssenkahdavic said:

@mjk45: I do not know the absolute formula, however I do know that I killed Mark 64 (with a 5 star) and had all others 5 star'd up to that point when I had the 3 primary roles maxed out 2 of the side roles (for each character), 2 of my 3 characters had tier 2 weapons with 1 of them with the Ultimate (got really unlucky on Traps).  I had all others 5 star'd up to that point before I killed number 64.

Also, my buddy only did the exact missions needed to get the growth egg, maxed out all 6 roles for each character and had his main three with ultimate weapons before he started 5 starring missions.  He plat'd the game also, and told me he did not have any major problems.  Id have to surmise that the timelimit is pretty closely linked ratio wise with characters strength/magic stats.

Actually, according to the bradygames guide, time limit is intrinsically linked to how developed is your weapons/accesories. Having more higher leveled weapons and * tiered accessories like Super Ribbon * or Genji Gloves *, can easily decrease the time limit by a factor of 3. 

Stats have no significant impact on the time limit. I've done the Mark 64 with Tier 3 * weapons and with Tier 1 Lvl 1 weapons, and i've seen a 7 minute difference. For stats, I've done it with maxed Crystarium and with Crystarium Lvl 10 at half for all characters, with the same weapons/accesories, and only have seen a 1 minute difference. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@lestatdark, smg2 is such a great game. better than the 1st :)

I'm very eager to try it out. I loved SMG and it's my third favorite game this gen

Just out of curiousity what are your top 2 favorite games this gen?

lostintheodyssey said:
lestatdark said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@lestatdark, smg2 is such a great game. better than the 1st :)

I'm very eager to try it out. I loved SMG and it's my third favorite game this gen

Just out of curiousity what are your top 2 favorite games this gen?

Demon's Souls and Final Fantasy Dissidia. 

My top 5 would be : 

- Demon's Souls
- Final Fantasy Dissidia
- Super Mario RPG
- Lost Odyssey 
- Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"