By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@ Robo: Yea, I have the disc version.  Have you checked out Hexyz Force yet?  Im enjoying the hell out of it.

Around the Network

@Ssenkah, I'm waiting for hexyz force to be delivered the courier service said it would be here tomorrow

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@ssenkahdavic, cool. no i havent is it any good ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

what psp game on psn that anyone has downloaded , is their most played game on their psp system ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

what psp game on psn that anyone has downloaded , is their most played game on their psp system ?

Vagrant Story. Almost 140 hours and counting

And I still need to beat Asura >_<

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@Robo same as Lestat,vagrant story followed by Dragoneer's Aria

@Lestat capped at lv1, hot damn , Japanese gaming is funny they have made some of the hardest games ever especially the old school stuff ,yet they also tend to have some of the easiest ie some games changing the japanese normal to easy for the western release and  making hard normal

@Robo and mjk45:  Im personally loving Hexyz Force.  Think Riviera: The Promised Land (also from Sting) meets Mana Khemia (just using it cause of the PSP).

Like Riviera Most weapons/items have a set number of uses, while there are a few special ones that are unlimited.  

Like Mana Khemia you create all the weapons/armor/items in the game from ingredients you receive from battles, chest, etc.  Also like Mana Khemia it has a large overhead map that you select your destination and you will instantly travel there.

Also think Wild Arms with a search system (hit square to find items/secrets, etc).

Sting has done some pretty good PSP ports this gen (Riviera: The Promised Land and Yggdra Union from the GBA) and this is their first exclusive (or at least this is the only one I have found so far).  Besides, Atlus has not failed me yet in any RPG that they localize and Hexyz Force is no exception  (yes I even enjoyed Eternal Poison)

I bet it will receive poor "professional" reviews tho (Like Mana Khemia and Class of Heroes received).  It is definitely not a game for everyone, but with how much you love JRPGs I am sure you will love this one as well  (goes for anyone in this thread reading this)

Also @ Robo: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness.  Almost all of it done over Christmas Break.

@lestat ,killing those Durahan ,kill em all hit em in the chest

mjk45 said:

@Lestat capped at lv1, hot damn , Japanese gaming is funny they have made some of the hardest games ever especially the old school stuff ,yet they also tend to have some of the easiest ie some games changing the japanese normal to easy for the western release and  making hard normal

Yup, it's all a question of mentality though. Most Japanese players don't mind higher levels of difficulty in their games, as their own society and values are based on constantly trying to better themselves. Unfortunately, that kind of mentality is rare on the western market/society. 

There have been quite a number of games with bad western releases because the average western player dislikes games that offer a difficult initial challenge. 

One of the most blatant examples of difficulty change was FFIV. FFIV JP was very hard, and when it was later released in NA/EU as FFII, that difficulty was ridiculously toned down. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"