By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@Ssenka ,sounds pretty interesting  from what you said , unless you run into some thing terrible I'm gonna get it pronto , by the way hows the story side shaping up.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@Mjk45

Tried to keep that completely spoiler free.  So far the story is progressing pretty well.  You have the option of playing 2 different storylines at the beginning (a Young Male Soldier or a Young Female Cleric).  Im going through the Clerics story right now, so I have no idea how they intertwine (if you get to switch between characters during play, etc)  I did my best not to read anything about the story before I got the game (just looked at screenshots and whatnot)

Pretty upbeat music, with minimal voice acting.  Which I find a good thing, since most of the time I have to play with the sound off :)

@Ssenka , don't like using headphones ?

my copies of ar tonelico 3 and alter rorona came in the mail today, so stoked. i will let u guys know how they are sometime next week. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

did u anyone here like the game : landstalker for the genesis?  was a zelda clone style of game, i thought it was a good game. just curious if anyone else liked it as well.

Around the Network

@Robo:Awesome.  Looking forward to hearing about them.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

did u anyone here like the game : landstalker for the genesis?  was a zelda clone style of game, i thought it was a good game. just curious if anyone else liked it as well.

Landstalker was awesome, although I wouldn't call it a Zelda clone per se. It had an Isometric View gameplay with a much more RPG mechanics to it than Zelda. Other than that, it did use the heart system and battles were similar to Zelda. 

Funny thing is that the EU version recovered the original title from the JP that the NA version didn't have, Landstalker: The Treasure of King Nole

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

would anyone play the monster hunter game ( forget the actual name ) , that is coming to the 360  in japan ?

if it would ever leave japan, which i highly doubt it will though.

Darth said something about FF13 that got me thinking , if SE made an international version or a FF13-2 , what things would you change. Obviously it can't be anything major just things that might have bugged you while playing and some improvements, one example when you want to change teams for something specific like using vanilles death skill on an adamatortoise,you have to redo your paradigms and vice versa, surely it wouldn't be to hard to save more than one team paradigm set, also when you buy stuff at the store to upgrade when you finish shopping it doesn't return you to the save/upgrade screen , what things bug you and what would you change.

Will any of you be getting the Special edition of Ys seven the packaging looked good and what did you think of the new deus ex trailer,it got me excited i just hope the game is more in tune with the first one. time will tell , if it has the same atmosphere it will be an automatic pre order