By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@lestatdark, thanks. i think if u decide to get trinity universe, u should get cross edge as well. since they are basicly the same in style.
at some point we got to play a game together u know.

I hope that someday we'll get that chance.

As for Cross Edge, I did try it out, yet I found it to be too boring. Pretty much one of the worst RPG's i've played this gen so far  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@lestatdark, oh i see. well then i think u should pass on trinity universe because like i said its basicly the same as cross edge. whenever u get online, and after i beat ff13 ps3 version, if u wana play a game together let me know ok buddy, i think we will have a good time.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@lestatdark, oh i see. well then i think u should pass on trinity universe because like i said its basicly the same as cross edge. whenever u get online, and after i beat ff13 ps3 version, if u wana play a game together let me know ok buddy, i think we will have a good time.

Will do I'm probably going back to the PS3 at the start of next week, finally going to play 3D Dot Game Heroes. Been waiting for so long to play it

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, thats good to hear. u will like it alot

My copy of the collectors edition of Parasite Eve Arrived today so i plugged in my NTSC PS2 that i bought on E bay 2 years ago so i could get PS1/2 games that didn't get a PAL release , and I'm really enjoying it ,yes it hasn't aged as well as say vagrant story in the looks department but they do the job and the cut scenes are nice and gruesome, it is interesting playing it now after enjoying PE 2 ,I can see Squares thinking when they changed tack and made it survival horror obviously they saw Resi's success and said well PE's a Rpg with sci fi horror themes it should fit the bill and it was a time when Square was branching out into non rpg games, I thought they did a pretty good job of it, but can see now how many people would be disappointed no matter what as its not the continuation of whthe game they loved.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
My copy of the collectors edition of Parasite Eve Arrived today so i plugged in my NTSC PS2 that i bought on E bay 2 years ago so i could get PS1/2 games that didn't get a PAL release , and I'm really enjoying it ,yes it hasn't aged as well as say vagrant story in the looks department but they do the job and the cut scenes are nice and gruesome, it is interesting playing it now after enjoying PE 2 ,I can see Squares thinking when they changed tack and made it survival horror obviously they saw Resi's success and said well PE's a Rpg with sci fi horror themes it should fit the bill and it was a time when Square was branching out into non rpg games, I thought they did a pretty good job of it, but can see now how many people would be disappointed no matter what as its not the continuation of whthe game they loved.

I hope that you're enjoying Parasite Eve

How far on the game are you? It really was kind of a let down, seeing the completely different direction that Squaresoft took with PE2 in regards not only of the battle system, but also in the story per se.

Even if they somehow wanted to emulate the Survival Horror feeling of the RE games, one of the issues that arose with PE2 is that the feeling of playing an horror game was completely lost. The ambient that the first one was never present on PE2, there wasn't any cutscenes or in-game scenes that pointed out to being a somewhat horror game. What PE had, it was pretty much lost in PE2.

Now, I enjoyed PE2, and I have played it to the pointed that I can finish the game in Scavenger difficulty without much issues, but everytime I play PE and then go play PE2, the same feelings come back to me

Current PC Build

@lestatdark and @mjk45, i like u guys enjoyed parasite eve alot, but played parasite 2 and didnt like it too much. hoping parasite eve 3 is back to the roots of the series.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@lestatdark and @mjk45, i like u guys enjoyed parasite eve alot, but played parasite 2 and didnt like it too much. hoping parasite eve 3 is back to the roots of the series.

Hopefully it can at least rekindle the same horror spirit from the first one, or at least be a more in line with the Hideaki Sena's horror novel. The gameplay looks to be very different once again, with the more TPS focus. 

Current PC Build

@lestatdark, your right. i just want square-enix to stop messing with a series and change everything all the time or most of it, they need to keep what the fans loved of the series and give it back and i am sure then the 3rd game will sell pretty good i think. but seeing the trailers and such so far i am not too excited for the direction this game is heading towards.

@lestatdark and @robo, that was my feeling to even though i played PSE2 first as PSE didn't get an original release here,i found the second game to be real good in (ISOLATION) .
but once you start playing the first game it becomes obvious that by changing gaming styles and more importantly the atmosphere, all you are doing is trying to put a square into a round hole.
This example is what worries me about the 3rd game is it going to be PE in nature or just name, this worry extends to lestatdarks favourite game lufia even though the same developer is behind it.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot