By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@maxxpower18, ok thanks. will add u tonight
which character do u like, i liked the woman with the wings on her back, she looked and played pretty damn bada$$ i think.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@maxxpower18, ok thanks. will add u tonight
which character do u like, i liked the woman with the wings on her back, she looked and played pretty damn bada$$ i think.

I chose the undead warrior because I usually choose the warrior/knight class, but I regretted it after this guy joined my game and he was the girl with the wings and her attacks were pretty badass.

I gotta admit, after playing Demon's Souls I'm not too quick on choosing the warrior/knight class.

Guys I've been debating about wether I should get Eternal Sonata or not. I know it's cheap and I heard that the battle system is somewhat similar to that of Star Ocean. Is the game any good? Is it really worth my time?

@maxxpower, oh ok. what character class did u choose for demons souls? i only played it a for a hr before i stopped awhile back and i was the warrior character class. on scared 2, i will be starting the game from scratch . cause my previous save data got corrupted.

@maxxpower, i really liked eternal sonata. the battle system is like star ocean, the difference is that for example a enemy is in the sunlight they are a less powerfull enemy. but should they move into the shadows they evolve into a more powerfull enemy, so light and shadow plays a part into battles. i liked this because it made the battles more fun, also their is a secret dungeon at the end, where u can levup like crazy. and if u decide u want a tougher challenge u can replay the game with the enemies at a 1.5 times tougher battles. makes the early boss fights alot tougher and u have to pay more attention to what u are doing for sure. i think u should get the game, u will like it i believe.

Around the Network

@ROBOTECHHEAVEN

I chose the knight class in Demon's Souls, it wasn't bad or anything and the armor looks freaking awesome.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@lestatdark, i know what u mean. i really like square-enix and every game they have released this gen i own and i will continue to support them, why simple because i like their games and the quality they give me in those games. its sad to see ppl who trashed square-enix when they brought ff13 to the 360 and wouldnt support the game because of this, i found this to be very sad and ignorance at the same time.

Unfortunately, this gen has been prime with examples on people hating games just because of stupid situations like this one. It just saddens me to see this.

@maxxpower

Great, another Demon's Souls player What did you think of the game? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, going to start pokemon soulsilver this friday.

@ lestatdark

Demon's Souls had everything I like: a medieval like setting, huge dragons, fantasy, magic, sword and shield. In other words, I loved it, wish there was more games it though.

Also, I'm curious about something, level 5 devoloped White Knight Chronicles right, why isn't the battle system more like Dark Cloud or Rogue Galaxy? From the videos I've watched the fighting looks like Final fantasy xii.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@lestatdark, going to start pokemon soulsilver this friday.

Nice, if you ever need any pokemon to trade, I'll be glad to help. I have a full set of Pokemon starters for all Gens and pretty much every legendary and pseudo-legendary. 

@maxxpower

Awesome, very glad that you enjoyed the game. Demon's Souls is pretty much my favourite game of this generation, no game has given me so much thrills, enjoyment and hardships as Demon's Souls did. I still play my LVL 250 character from time to time, as the game never gets old.

About the WKC question, I think that was because they wanted to take a very different approach from the PS2 era games, making a turn based system instead of a action-RPG approach. In my opinion, it wasn't the best choice, as the Dark Cloud/Rogue Galaxy battle systems were pretty good. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"