By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

infinite space is worth buying then right ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
whats your favorite rpg this year so far ?
mine is final fantasy 13 on the 360 , followed by last rebellion on ps3.

Mine so far is Mass Effect 2, followed closely by FFXIII.

I'm not downloading FF9 off the PSN just yet, i'm getting a DSi XL this week, so i'll be broke for a while XD

Fallout: New Vegas is going to be epic, Jorge Oscuro is working on it, he's the creator of the best mod ever created for Oblivion, OOO 1.3, so i'm massively awaiting it ;)

This year has been very good. Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game of the year as well. I am still playing through Final Fantasy XIII thou. Final Fantasy XIII has been extremely good so far. I am glad to hear good things about Fallout: New Vegas and Last Rebellion. I am looking forward to those games as well.

Alceste007 said:
lestatdark said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Mine so far is Mass Effect 2, followed closely by FFXIII.

I'm not downloading FF9 off the PSN just yet, i'm getting a DSi XL this week, so i'll be broke for a while XD

Fallout: New Vegas is going to be epic, Jorge Oscuro is working on it, he's the creator of the best mod ever created for Oblivion, OOO 1.3, so i'm massively awaiting it ;)

This year has been very good. Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game of the year as well. I am still playing through Final Fantasy XIII thou. Final Fantasy XIII has been extremely good so far. I am glad to hear good things about Fallout: New Vegas and Last Rebellion. I am looking forward to those games as well.

I haven't seen much of Last Rebellion yet, and I don't think i've seen it on stores here in Portugal too (The game has released on EU already right?).

Fallout: New Vegas is going to be epic. The entire previews have given me a very Fallout 2 like aura to the game. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@alceste007, havent started mass effect 2 yet, is it better than the 1st game?

@lestatdark, last rebellion is a pretty decent rpg, am enjoying it alot.

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@lestatdark, last rebellion is a pretty decent rpg, am enjoying it alot.

What's the main focus/gameplay of the game? 

Oh, and about your Mass Effect question. I found the first game to be better than the second, mainly because of the main story. While I absolutely loved the main story on ME1 and I actually think that it's one of the best this gen, the second one took a step down in the story, instead focusing almost exclusively on the characters alone.

Although gameplay was a lot better on 2 (I didn't like the removal of inventory management, I loved it on ME1), to me the story of the first one alone, puts it above ME2. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

My favorite rpg this year so far is Mass Effect 2 on the 360 followed by Final Fantasy 13 on the ps3

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@ROBOTECHHEAVEN

Like someone else said the main story in Mass Effect 2 is not as strong as the original but it makes up for it with the lengthy side missions that you do to gain the loyalty of your crew.  I ended up liking Mass Effect 2 better than the original because in the side missions you really learn about the characters motivations and how their past has shaped them.  It adds a lot to the backstory and I ended up caring about what happened to the characters in the game which is something that rarely happens in videogames. 

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

I have mixed feelings. The combat is alot cleaner and more skill based in Mass Effect 2. I enjoyed the story in both games. I feel mass effect 2 does a better job of making your decisions in game mean something. I liked adding the research element in Mass Effect2 as well. However, scanning is not fun and I would have liked the hammerhead vechicle to have been part of the entire game rather than free dlc.   

@lestatdark, ok gotcha. will give it a shot after i get some of my back catalog of games i have. too many damn games between all my systems, plus now my wife usess my ps3 more than me since she is playing ff13 on it. last rebellion gameplay is more action oreinted i found and story really isnt anything too new, but its still interesting i think.