By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

what did u guys think of the game "landstalker" for the genesis?
i liked the game and had fun playing it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

@ROBOTECHHEAVEN

I didn't get to play Landstalker yet, have to find it's rom somewhere, i've been given good reviews of that game, so it's definetily worth checking it out.
TotA it's your typical run-of-the-mill Tales game, quite frankly it's one of which i like the least, but it does have some unique features to it like the sorcerer's ring that Mieu uses to perform different context actions in dungeons and the changing game economy, that may have you get lower prices in some shops of the game for the same item.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@robotech,lestatdark,
 i remember landstalker it is a isometric arpg and has some similarities to alundra as some of the alundra personnel worked on it , if i'm correct it's on VC for 800pts ,some people claim it to be the finest isometric arpg around then again its not like isometric arpgs where that common it becomes real good in my opinionwhen you get to the last dungeon so it could be up lestatdark's ally but you have to persevere with it and remember it against the arpg that where around at that time ,do that and you should like it

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

just picked up a used copy of eternal sonata on the cheap ,so another game on the to play list ,also picked up valkyrie chronicles again this time used as a friend bought mine off me for a 50% premium on the retail price because its hard to get here and she was bugging me to sell it to her, so never got to play it to now and i like it it's right up my ally

@mjk45, valkyrie chronicles is a very good game. i liked disgaea 3 better though. good luck with the game. :)

Around the Network

Well, i'm just finishing my first playthrough in Eternal Sonata, and all i can say it's that it's a great RPG, the story really surprised me and the battle system is lot's of fun, albeit a little repetitive on the optional dungeon, when it becomes only button mashing madness. Going to start on Encore tommorrow.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, do you get stuff off VC as that has landstalker and ypu liked alundra

@mjk45. I only got super mario 64 and super mario RPG, the european VC store lacks a lot of games that the NTSC store has, but since i haven't seen it's updates for a long time now, maybe they have it already. Got to check it out when i get my wii back ;)

Current PC Build

@lestatdark, their is a ton of great new games added to virtual console.

thinking about getting another wii myself as i've said before my nieces and nephew have kidnapped my wii and made me buy them a extra remote and nunchuk as well but since possession is nine tenths of the law i might as well get another one ,although its not as much a priority as it would have been