By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

just pre-ordered rune factory frontier today for the wii.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

@emily autumn

Those were also the transformations that i used for both of them, seso and shin (water and devil) for Katt and spoo and seny (wind and holy) for nina. They were also two of the most useful, with Bow's transformation into a giant robot that could hit all enemies at a time being the best there was :D
Both BoF's are awesome, wish they could just make more like them.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@mjk45

Grinding is never a chore, i remember some old rpg's like Soul Blazer, Terranigma, 7th Saga, Story of Thor, Legend of Dragoon, Parasite Eve and so on, that didn't have quite the enemy variability as well, just over a 100 different enemies. But you're right, most HD rpg's are lacking some more different enemies, but as i'm finishing Blue Dragon now, i've found an astounding 290 enemies in the game! haven't seen that many enemies since Shadow Hearts Covenant :)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I finally got my first 1000/1000 points in an 360 game :) Got the last achievement for Blue Dragon just this moment, maxing out all my characters at level 99, this one as well the achievements for getting all shadow classes at level 99 took me a whole week of grinding, so i'm actually proud of this accomplishment (Also those damn button smashers, and the moon laser challenge perfect achievement made me almost throw the controller at the TV).

Current PC Build

is anyone getting persona for the psp?
i am going to get it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

most old rpgs don't have a big enemy variety, i always laugh when they get away with the old trick of reusing monster sprites but changing their color pallete.

i hate grinding, i remember playing FFV, just before reaching the second wolrd someone in your party says something like: "there will be no turning back are you sure you wanna go?", i was really young at the time so i thought the final battle was coming, so i played for weeks until my whole party was level 99 and i have mastered all the job techniques i had, and then i realized i was half way through the game, frmo that time on the only games are i grind are pokemon and my occasional replay of FFVIII(to get the ingredients for the lionheart in the first 2 hours)

@emilie autumn

Old RPG's had various no turn back points, lufia 2 had quite a few xD I like grinding, but to a certain amount, i usually try to space it out along the game, so it won't become monotonous. Oh and on the FFVIII grind for the lionheart, i usually just played the hell out of Triple Triad for the ingredients XD.

@ROBOTECHHEAVEN

I'm definetily going to get it =)

Current PC Build

@mjk45, I with you about not looking forward to remakes because they sometimes ruin the classic. Like in FFIV, they added some horrendous voice overs, but luckily that can be turned off. I would love Vagrant Story to be graphically remade, few some issues but that's it. Same with FF VI. I love that game too. Leave everything else the way it is. Don't touch the soundtrack, etc. That's why I have mix feelings for Persona PSP.

@ROBOT, I read White Knight Chronicles is going to be a trilogy.

@emilie, I was also addicted to the battle system the first time I played it. Later on, it got sort of boring. It was pretty much press X on normal. The hard difficulty made battles good. The story got interesting when you get to Nibelheim.

@lestatdark yes, but you need to grind to learn ammo refinement and card mod ability after wards play triple triad and after deafeting the brothers gf you mod to get adamantine.

@mirson yes normal was way to easy, but no matter in what difficulty you played minerva was definitly a challenge and always to fun to fight and also despite the low dificulty i enjoyed the game for its story, i'm a fan a big fan of the FFVII story but not much the game, i'm actually currently replaying it and i just saw that legendary nibelheim scene with sephiroth in the fire and i loled since his hair looks like tentacles(stupid SE has me spoiled with graphics and silky smooth sephiroth hair)

thinking of downloading generation of chaos from the ps store dont know much about it is it a tactics type of game and is it worth downloading.

realy need a list of what ds rpgs i should buy and what they are about i have chrono trigger,children of mana,heroes of mana and thats about it

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot