By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@Mirson
i'am with you vagrant story all the way i no longer look forward to much to old games being remade, sequels etc but vagrant story is just about my favourite rpg along with FFVl and FFVll and its right for a new game but after what happened with FFXll would they do it

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

would anyone buy a new "breath of fire" game ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

do u think if "white knight chronicles" , breaks 1 million. that their will be a sequel? i think if it does that their will be a sequel, i hope so. this game looks very fun and i cant wait to play it with my friends online. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Definetly :) I hope if that a new BoF game comes out, it will get rid of the system they had on Dragon Quarter and just go back to the old school style of BoF II and BoF III. Gives us some more Ryu :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

i like breat of fire 1 better than 2, i never understand why people hail bof2 as an amazing game and bof1 as average, i also like dragon quarter it was a nice change of pace and bof4 was amazing, but now that the breath of fire franchise is somewhat forgotten by most gamers capcoms are better of remaking one of the old games and then making a new one, maybe like what SE is doing with DQ and FF in the ds

@mirson i love crisis core gameplay wise it was addicting i've beaten it like 14 times and i'm on a new playthrough right now and the story was awesome specialy if you've played and love FFVII

Around the Network

@emilie autumn

I think that BoF II is on par with BoF I. The story is way better on the first one, it had more twists and shocking revelations, like Sarah working for the evil goddess. But BoF II had the better gameplay IMO, plus the shamam fusion ability was really good for the time, made you play in so many different ways, not only because it affected your in battle abilities, but also your field skill abilities, so some shaman fusion characters were actually needed to progress in some parts of the game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark i believe the gameplay was better on the first one, karn fusion abilities are equal if not better than the shaman fusion abilities, the dragon system is clearly better on bof1 it doesn't drain all your mp, you stay as a dragon and can revert, also bof1 was harder and getting the dragon equipment+agni dragon is way harder than gettin the golden dragon in bof2, in bof1 you need to fight for your dragon transformations while in bof2 all you need to do is find the old man , bof1 is longer

@emilie autumn

I didn't find any difference on the difficulty on both BoF's, mainly because i'm a grinder at heart, so i always found myself a few levels higher than the needed. The only parts i found difficult on BoF I were the final bosses, those had me using the dragon transformations in a more strategic way than normal. But BoF II had that last area where normal enemies were actually harder than the boss itself, so it balances out.
I know that in BoF I you've had to work harder for your dragon transformations, but shamam fusion actually affected gameplay and reaching side areas or optional chests and equipment you couldn't reach other wise. Devil and Fire shaman fusion were amongst the best and most useful in the game.

Current PC Build

@lestatdark the karn transformations worked for the same things, there were dragon plates and holes all over the world that couldn't be open without them, the better part about the shaman fusion is that there are so many options, i like having nina look like a beautiful angel and kat all bulked up(my strongest charatcer) i don't remember exactly which shamans i used, but i do remember getting them all.

@lestatdark
grinders unite, I'm also a grinder at heart so with a lot of the newer hd rpg's seeming to have less monster types in a given area do you think this makes grinding more of a chore

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot