By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN : Home Impression :(

It's Sony itself that made Home a big deal by highlighting it at E3. When you make a big deal out of something, then you have to be able to deliver, not just make promises.

Around the Network

Sony is running out of options here

Eh no they aren't. They simply do not use their one option: Lower the price. If Microsoft can sell their base version for 160 Euro they should be able to sell theirs for under 400.

Now they may not do this because they sell decent numbers and get all the great games and are in no danger of dying. But if they want to sell more they will have to lower the price. Its that easy.

Kyros said:
Sony is running out of options here

Eh no they aren't. They simply do not use their one option: Lower the price. If Microsoft can sell their base version for 160 Euro they should be able to sell theirs for under 400.

Now they may not do this because they sell decent numbers and get all the great games and are in no danger of dying. But if they want to sell more they will have to lower the price. Its that easy.

Weren't you one of the people who were 100% sure there would be a price cut for Christmas, profitability be damned? A few months ago I was betting on March 2009, now I think it has been pushed back by at least a few months due to the Yen's strength and decreasing PSP/PS2 sales.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

FishyJoe said:
It's Sony itself that made Home a big deal by highlighting it at E3. When you make a big deal out of something, then you have to be able to deliver, not just make promises.

Yeah.  The problem was making a big deal out of it at E3. 

I could see announcing it at GDC, but giving it a huge spotlight was not a good idea if it couldn't deliver. 

@ NJ5

I don't think Sony will be cutting price anytime soon, at least not in NA.  Probably at the end of next year, if that.  They probably already figured they got pwned in sales already, may as well wait until they make profit on each one sold.  >_>

Question:  Since the Yen is stronger than the dollar, does that mean that Sony is more apt to cut prices in JP?  Or is that incorrect?

Well, it seems HOME became what us sceptics were betting from the start:

(a long wait for) simply a virtual chat room.

Around the Network

Weren't you one of the people who were 100% sure there would be a price cut for Christmas

Yes and if you look at the way the 360 spanks the PS3 right now you know why I thought they would lower the price. Its pretty idiotic esp. since a two year old piece of hardware cannot cost them 400$ anymore. But firing 8000 people and having a fullgrown recession in your homecountry because far less people buy their expensive televisions, cameras etc. due to the financial crisis, seems to change the focus.

home is free and as bad as yaris :P

Guys you are missing big point here.

You are hardcore gamers who are interested in sales and well being of your platform to speak on a site like this.

We are not the target for Home.

Personally I'm only interested in red bull racing when it will be released :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Ari_Gold said:
home is free and as bad as yaris :P

Huh? I hope you don't mean the Toyota Yaris.

yes i do :P