By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN : Home Impression :(

reask said:
FishyJoe said:
DMeisterJ said:
FishyJoe said:

You're paying for a license, not for the content. The content is free for the consumer.

Just like you pay for a PS3. The content of Home is free for the consuer.

Well, in America, we pay for the channels we want, and pay for the premuim channels too.  We also pay to rent the set boxes so that we can watch the channels.  Unlike PS3 where you pay for the content you want (i.e.: games), in TV you get tons of content you don't want.  Completely, different.  Use a different analogy.

Not quite, over the air broadcast require no user fees. And it's too bad you don't know what Hulu is, because it's an awesome service.

In Ireland you have to pay a license fee every year once yoy have a telly.

in denmark you also pay every year if you have a tv @_o it sucks actually !

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Im going to say this outright because you people just don't get it... and reading all of your posts is SEVERELY Pissing me off...

HOME JUST RELEASED... IT HAS... VERY LITTLE CONTENT... OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS HOME IS GOING TO RECEIVE A PLETHORA OF CONTENT FROM MINIGAME'S TO A MULTITUDE OF SPACES... Just look at this space, coming out next week... which will let me add WILL BE FREE...

Content like that, a mini-game like that you would expect to buy on the PSN for who knows 5-10 dollars... free... take in consideration as well as the weeks and months go bye there will only be MORE AND MORE content... better content FUN content...

They havn't even released appliances such as TV's and Radios for you HOME space yet... when they do, think about it, friend from all over the world would be able to get together at the same time and watch a movie and chat about it all in 1 space all in real time... does XBOX Live or the Wii offer that ? The answer is no...

HOME should absolutely not at this point... a meer 2 days after release be judged... right now home is basically only in shell form, at its very basic and much is yet to come...

Lets say we come back in 1-2 months, when the content for HOME starts spilling in and HOME becomes more robust and interesting... THEN judge the service... Seems fair doesn't it ?

Hey can someone tell me how the guy got arcade cabinets in his apartment?! Wouldn't that save you from waiting in line?!

I like my PS3 a bunch... but I never much cared the idea of Home. Why would I want to struggle through a virtual MMO interface, hindered by everything from network lag (unavoidable) to loading times (somewhat avoidable), when I can just use the XMB?Clean, simple, fast == gaming right now.  I guess I use my PS3 for gaming, and not for networking, and that's my issue with it.

I don't understand social software like Home, at all.  Coincidentally, I think Second Life is a pretty lame idea too.  Apparently there are a lot of folks who disagree -- heck they even pay for it.  There's the kicker, I suppose... I don't understand some Wii software either.  Who the heck would enjoy Carnival Games?  Home may have a place, but I think its pretty obvious that the typical PS3 owner won't be interested.

Such a concept might actually work on the Wii, on the other hand.

The worlds viltuals are a loss of time and the one that is free does not do the difference..

It fences in way of spending (consuming) the money in useless things, instead of dedicating it to the purchase of sole rights and developments of projects as(like) with her ps2..

Sony has lost the north, is easy prey for nintendo and Microsoft.

Second life in consoles? .. that fail.

That have the (next) thing? Ps3 maps, ps3 gps, please make games..

Around the Network
Necromunda said:
Im going to say this outright because you people just don't get it... and reading all of your posts is SEVERELY Pissing me off...

HOME JUST RELEASED... IT HAS... VERY LITTLE CONTENT... OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS HOME IS GOING TO RECEIVE A PLETHORA OF CONTENT FROM MINIGAME'S TO A MULTITUDE OF SPACES... Just look at this space, coming out next week... which will let me add WILL BE FREE...

Content like that, a mini-game like that you would expect to buy on the PSN for who knows 5-10 dollars... free... take in consideration as well as the weeks and months go bye there will only be MORE AND MORE content... better content FUN content...

They havn't even released appliances such as TV's and Radios for you HOME space yet... when they do, think about it, friend from all over the world would be able to get together at the same time and watch a movie and chat about it all in 1 space all in real time... does XBOX Live or the Wii offer that ? The answer is no...

HOME should absolutely not at this point... a meer 2 days after release be judged... right now home is basically only in shell form, at its very basic and much is yet to come...

Lets say we come back in 1-2 months, when the content for HOME starts spilling in and HOME becomes more robust and interesting... THEN judge the service... Seems fair doesn't it ?

Have fun waiting in line.....

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

DUDE ITS FREE... sure occasional lines, not always... usually short lines as well... its NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL... Literally gebx you summed my entire constructive post up with a uncritical childish response "have fun waiting in line" give me a break people.

kowenicki said:

@blackstar.. this is pretty much the final release... dont expect many changes - just more of the same.

Just realised this is by the Playstation team at IGN too... wow.

bullshit.

kowenicki said:
@ loud white box....

what changes will there be ro its functionality or the way you interface?

There may be additional content (more of the same) but it wont function any differently.. or perhaps you can enlighten us all... go ahead.

Add'l content would counter many of the criticisms.  You didn't originally say that it would get add'l content, you said there would be minimal changes to Home.  And that was naively or maliciously wrong.

Consider yourself enlightened.

kowenicki said:
@ loud white box... no, you are twisting it my friend. I said, and I meant, there would be little change. And there wont be.. Just MORE of the SAME. Try not to patronise people its ugly.

More content requires a change, that change being the addition of more  content.  Does an expansion for World of Warcraft change World of Warcraft by adding new content, even if the interface were not to change?  Yes.

And just because it's supposedly a release version of Home doesn't mean that Sony might not change interface configurations over time.  In response to feedback, even.  Why do you disregard all this?  Hmm...