By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The worst Nintendo holiday season line-up

scottie said:
1897, they just release ports of their old card games - not a single new game

LOL, this rules, but in all truth this seems to be the year that Nintendo is giving to the third parties, so exect a great 1st party effort next year.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Around the Network

I never had a bad Christmas since I don't game solely during Christmas.

Besides, I always end up with a large backlog of games that I haven't played through in all gens.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

me as well. i have a boatload of possible 1 year or older choices i could get for christmas.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Nintendo has never quite had a holiday season as barren as this, but if you look at the latter half of 2007 and the first half of 2008, you can understand why. Good games take time, and they essentially burnt through all their development assets across that span of time

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

This is not your father's Nintendo. When Iwata took over, everything changed. Even the release strategies. That said, Nintendo is using the same basic tactic now that they used in the early years of the NES: make games that people will buy as early as they can make them, then have them sell throughout the lifespan of the system. The holiday line-up for 2008 only looks sparse to somebody who has been buying games as soon as they come out. To the gamers who are just coming onto the scene, or ones who only keep a casual eye on what's coming out, pretty much every game released so far is fair game.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

^That pretty much is how I feel when I buy a new game on the Wii. I only played LoZ:TP in mid 2008, so long after it came out!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Kenology said:
retroking1981 said:

1997 = Goldeneye so no.

Id say this xmas by far.

That's true.  But I left that out since it wasn't a part of the N64 holiday line-up.  Goldeneye 007 was a late summer release (late August, IIRC).

im from the UK, we didnt get goldeneye until november if i remember correctly. Having said that we didnt get the n64 until march '97 and i didnt pick mine up until may.

so basically 1997 was one of my best nintendo years ever. mario 64, pilotwings 64, mario kart 64, killer instinct gold, lylat wars, goldeneye and diddy kong racing. happy days!

Diddy Kong Racing was an amazing game. If that was all there was in 1997 then it is still a million times better than what we have this Christmas (Wii Music, Animal Crossing, CODWAW)

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down