By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony 'Should be Worried' About PS3, say Analysts

Interesting unbiassed statements about the current situation and outlook of the PS3 from different Analysts.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/sony-should-be-worried-about-ps3-say-analysts/?biz=1

Some Statements:

David Cole, DFC

"They might not be able to afford a price cut, but on the other hand they might not be able to afford their current price."

Jesse Divnich, EEDAR

"In terms of cutting prices, currently, it wouldn't be financially responsible or beneficial for them to cut the PS3's price point; manufacturing costs are just too high. That being said, I do expect the PS3 to receive a price cut in early 2009. This is when Sony should reach a point of manufacturing efficiency that would financially warrant a price cut."

Michael Pachter, Wedbush Morgan

"I think Sony is a greater victim of the recession, more because they are a consumer electronics company than a video game company; people aren't buying HDTVs and that's why Best Buy has been talking about their same store sales being down 5-15%. It's really hard to get people to come in and spend on the super big ticket items."

Around the Network

Everyone is really jumping on Sony lately...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

theyre not wrong with it.
PS3 is expensive, if you comparse it with 360 and wii. (not, if you look at the things, PS3 can do.)
but yeah, not everyone has enough money for it.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

+1 negative Sony thread again. This is epic~

They aren´t against Sony or the PS3 in any way. They are just explaining the reasons for the comparibly low PS3 sales. And even the strongest supporter should realize that Sony is indeed facing some severe problems currently.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure those are just direct quotes from VGChartz

well done analysts

lol another crappy title from another anti-Sony site :

basically, most of the analyst are saying :

"""Xbox360 sales > PS3 because PS3 needs a price cut
Sony can't afford it
they will do it later
end"""

and PS3 sales are just fine considering the context.

So, at the end, No need to "be worrired" ...

what a crappy title ...

QUOTED FROM THE SAME ARTICLE
"""""
We are not even at the half-way point for this generation, there is still plenty of time left for Sony to catch up and I believe in the long-term, Sony will gain a significant amount of ground on the Xbox 360."
"""""

why not have choosed another title like :

"Sony PS3 is not dead yet"

guess what ???

American propaganda agaisnt Sony is "on" (again)

Perhaps, it is to compensate Toyota (Japan too) crushing their cars system ...

Time to Work !

These threads are not allowed anymore, there is single thread in the Sony section for all this crap now.

scottie said:
I'm pretty sure those are just direct quotes from VGChartz

well done analysts

That's what i was thinking.  It's funny.

libellule said:
lol another crappy title from another anti-Sony site :

basically, most of the analyst are saying :

"""Xbox360 sales > PS3 because PS3 needs a price cut
Sony can't afford it
they will do it later
end"""

and PS3 sales are just fine considering the context.

So, at the end, No need to "be worrired" ...

what a crappy title ...

QUOTED FROM THE SAME ARTICLE
"""""
We are not even at the half-way point for this generation, there is still plenty of time left for Sony to catch up and I believe in the long-term, Sony will gain a significant amount of ground on the Xbox 360."
"""""

why not have choosed another title like :

"Sony PS3 is not dead yet"

guess what ???

American propaganda agaisnt Sony is "on" (again)

Perhaps, it is to compensate Toyota (Japan too) crushing their cars system ...

You are pretty boring with this idea of an American anti-Sony conspiracy. They're all multinational corporations, no matter where they're HQ'd, and that's how people here see them. Most people here don't really think of Sony as a Japanese company, so they certainly can't hate it for that reason.

Sony's in a bad way. Deal.